Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

UK Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camps

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Craig Payne, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    I just checked up on the temperature in London .... 3 degrees! .... I can't wait to get there!

Its been 43 here for the last 2 days and predicted to be >40 for the next 2 ... its the worse heat wave in >100 yrs!

2. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

Being tuff brits we tend to find 3 degrees to much, heat wise, and so spend a lot of our time in shorts and string vests at this time of year.

Don't forget to bring yours!! :)

Ian

3. Wendy

Wendy Active Member

I would agree with the above - it has been a scorching 6 degrees in Hampshire recently however I would advise you bring a jumper for the evenings as next week is forcast -3 degrees so might get a bit nippy:morning:
    Wendy

4. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Hey Craig

The forcast here in London for next week is heavy snow and minus 5-7 degrees.

If you bring your trunks with you Mandy and Bel may take you to the Serpenine ,break the ice and you can go for a swim with them?:eek:

Cheers
    Derek;)

PS do you want me to post some snow to you or can you wait till you get here:D

5. Marchant

Marchant Welcome New Poster

Hi Craig

5 of us have booked on your course for Birmingham in 2 weeks time. we still do not know the location. Any chance you could get the info to us asap as accommodation needs to be booked.
    many thanks

6. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Actually Del, Bel & I are currently in practice for the synchronised frozen heats.

Belinda, .............................. hold yer breath girl,

Tucking jumper in......................

:eek::eek::eek:

N breathe........................

7. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Sorry, office bit behind sending confirmations - its at the Hilton

8. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    I am sooooooo looking forward to it! - the worst of the heatwave is over --- the bush fires are still burning though; 23 homes destroyed; 6 lives lost; cost the state economy $100 million (link) .... it been bad this year.

9. sam_wallwork

sam_wallwork Active Member

Hi Craig,

Is the one in Manchester at the Hilton at the airport or in the centre?

Thanks

Sam

10. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    In the centre - you should have got a confirmation letter by now -- I will check its been sent,

11. Just returned from the boot camp.

I had high expectations from the man himself and he certainly did not dissappoint! A very enjoyable and informative two days!

I came away with at least a dozens threads I wanted to start but I won't spoil it for those still to come!

It was also a real pleasure to meet the familier colleagues and to meet some new ones. Hopefully we'll be seeing some new posters soon, the day had the feel of an introduction to far more learning and discovery!

Many thanks to everyone who attended and especially to Craig!

Kind regards

Robert

12. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

Hi

Happy to echo Roberts thoughts.

Clearly Craig has learned everything that all the posters on Arena have been teaching him ;)

How did it help? : learned stuff, affirmed stuff, challenged stuff

Thanks Craig

Ian

13. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Yep 'll second that

Great 2 days thanks Craig for giving me SUCH a headache :wacko:

Very enjoyable and nice to meet Craig and some new colleages:empathy:

Cheers
    Derek;)

14. As strange as it may sound I think there may be some truth there!

One of the things which was so refreshing and original about this course is Craig's attitude to the science. Here is a Podiatrist who in spite of his obviously VAST knowledge (and experiance;)) is very clearly still challenging his own thinking and developing his own ideas. Somebody who is quite comfortable to say "I used to think that, I don't any more!"

All of us, i think, (some more than others) need to beware of the mindset that we have "arrived" and come at last to the correct paradigm and have no need to examine new ideas because we are so confident that what we NOW know is correct. Its easy to spot in others, harder in see in oneself and something which will arrest our development individually and as professionals if we let it!

We could all take a leaf from Craig's book here!

Kind regards
    Robert

15. Wendy

Wendy Active Member

Wow, I was looking forward to the sessions in Southampton before.......now I am REALLY excited and glad I only have to wait until tomorrow:dizzy:
    Thanks for the insight............
    Wendy

16. blinda

blinda MVP

Thank you for two very enjoyable, informative and practical days Craig,

Kind Regards
    Jonah;)

17. Griff

Griff Moderator

I echo Robert's sentiments - a great 2 days, in which you leave knowing less than when you arrived. . . but in a good way

Nice to put faces to names (and avatars)

Hope the rest of the tour goes as well Craig

Ian

18. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Just to add my thanks too.

A truly great weekend of learning & understanding.

Possibly the quietest I have ever been in lectures. :D

Thank you.

:drinks

19. Quite true!

She always snores in mine;)

Robert

20. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Not at all Robert dahlink.:eek:

It is your husky, masculine voice that sends us girls into a state of deep relaxation. Enhancing our ability to subconsciously memorise every single word. ;)

21. Rhona Rollo

Rhona Rollo Welcome New Poster

Hi Craig,

Are there any places left for the Glasgow bootcamp? If so can I provisionally book a place.

Many Thanks

Rhona Rollo
    Podiatry Team Leader
    Lanark Health Centre
    Woodstock Road
    Lanark
    ML11 7DH

Tel:01555 667150

22. post2cast

post2cast Welcome New Poster

Many Thanks Craig Fantastic Seminar...how do you remember all that stuff...right now where did I put that flow chart ...:confused:

23. Nikki

Nikki Active Member

I can only echo that which has previously been said, certainly a thought provoking two days.
    Thanks to Craig

24. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Not directly related to Boot camp but need to make people aware of the following:

Beloved has just rung & enquired what I had bought during my stay at the Heathrow Hilton on Sunday night.

Me: 'Nothing dahlink, we eat out & wine was smuggled in by fellow attendees'

I have just rung the hotel who confirmed charging the credit card £24.90 for 'mini bar items'!! :mad:

I looked (my 1st mini bar experience you see). I read the cost leaflet & fell to the floor that anyone would pay £6.50 for a bloody toblerone. I also noticed the bit that said 'sensors under mini bar items ensured any removed items would be charged' & promptly shut the door!

Hotel are investigating on my behalf. Moral is, if they had your card details, check for any mistakes.

Update: as I know how worried you all must have been about my finances :)

Mistake rectified by Hilton & money credited back to my (actually Himself's) account. So trusting these Yorkshire men. :D

'Himself' is very relieved as now he wont have to sell either a kidney or his beloved whippet to pay the mini bar fees. :empathy:

<phew>

Much love to all now peace is restored in Doncaster.

Mand'

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  25. blinda

blinda MVP

What? professional colleagues? Tut, Mand`you should be more selective when you choose your associates :rolleyes:

Yeah, well whilst you`re on the subject of `eating out`, of course we wouldn`t have had to if we had had a 3 course cooked lunch like our Southampton colleagues, instead of the 2.5 rolls and fruit!!:boohoo:

Good job the food for thought was of a much higher calibre. Hope you have dried out properly now Craig.

Cheers,
    Bel

26. Dawn Bacon

Dawn Bacon Active Member

Yes indeed the food at the Soton venue was outstanding. However the fare in the presentations was so much better, enlightening and thought provoking. Thank you Craig for an excellent course.

BW
    Dawn

27. Wendy

Wendy Active Member

I would just like to echo Dawns enthusiasm for the foot in Southampton on both days (today was just as good!).
    However the content of Craigs presentations was amazing and thought provoking and I now have a new enthusiasm for bmx;).
    Thank you Craig:drinks
    Wendy

28. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    I have just edited the first message as added two new dates for June:

Jun 20 & 21: London
    Jun 22 & 23: Glasgow
    Jun 24 & 25: Gloucester (new)
    Jun 26 & 27: Leeds (new)

and moved the Ireland date to early next year.

Registration

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  29. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Active Member

Mr. Cerqueira

I think your English is rather good (much better than my Portugese !) I am a 2nd year Pod student and would have love to come for the biomechanics.... sadly cant afford it! Hope you enjoy it!

Just wondered ...... do Portugal welcome English qualified Pods or is there problems or an exam(s) to sit first??

Thank you

Regards

Linda Robson

30. mjccerqueira

mjccerqueira Member

Hi Linda Robson.

I think i will love the seminar of Biomechanics with Dr. Craig Payne (London - June).
    I just feel a little lost with the location of the hotels, seminars and the low cost airports... but i think Dr. Craig and his staff can helpe me in time.

You want to finish your graduate in Portugal, or work as qualifeid Podiatrist in Portugal?

If you want to finish your graduation i think now is more easy then ever, because of the Bologne process.
    To work in Portugal, just need to be recognized by the Portuguese Association of Podiatry.

At the moment, Portuguese Podiatrist just work in private care services, such as private clinics, hospitals and sport associations.

If you want more information, contact me by e-mail: mjccerqueira@gmail.com to not create an off-topic in this thread

Best regards,
    Manuel Cerqueira, Dr.

31. Freeman

Freeman Active Member

Is there a boot camp this July/ August in England? 2009

Freeman Churchill. Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada (Colonies across the Pond)

32. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Only June, sorry. BUT, will be doing one in Vancouver and Ottawa in first half of next year.

33. anDRe

anDRe Active Member

Good evening Dr. Craig
    I am a portuguese podiatrist and I would like to attend your Biomechanics Boot Camp this June in London, because i want to improve and obtain new knowledge and prespectives of biomechanics.
    Are there any vacancies? How can i register for it?
    Best regards
    André :drinks

34. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  35. Davey

Davey Member

Hi Craig,

When will the Ireland boot camp be taking place, is it going to be early 2010 as I would love to attend it due to hearing so many great reports about them.

Regards
    Davey

36. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    I still working on 2010 dates .... Ireland is on the agenda.

37. Salanne

Salanne Member

Dear Mr Payne

Please could you advise me of next year UK dates and venues for the BOOT CAMP. I graduated this year and I am desparate to improve on my small amount of experience now that I am out in practice.

Thank you

Salanne

38. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Still working on 2010 dates ... I keep telling everyone that I will have them in a few days...

39. Salanne

Salanne Member

Thank you Mr Payne

Ahh to be popular -

sorry to pester, I should have looked more closely at your previous correspondence.

best wishes

40. Salanne

Salanne Member

Hell Mr Payne

Please could you let me know if you have decided on any dates in the UK this year 2010 - I am really interested in coming to see you and if I have missed some vital information re the boot camps please could you direct me to it.

Kindest and warm greetings

Salanne:pigs: