View Single Post
Old 12th December 2004, 06:54 PM
Professor of Life, The Universe and Everything

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)

Quote:
In my limited clinical experinece rearfoot position influences 1st ray function
There are two publications that support this - BUT, we pretty sure its not really changes in rearfoot position/motion that influences the first ray motion. We pretty sure it changes in the rearfoot kinetics (ie forces) that influence first ray function. We can easily get changes in first ray function by influencing rearfoot forces without actually changing rearfoot position or motion (kinematics). Its just when you do manage to change rearfoot position, you also change the forces. BUT, you can change the forces without changing the position..... here in lies the answer (and don't forget its kinetics (ie forces) that damage the tissues and not motion or position (ie kinematics). Symptoms get reduced only when the forces in the tissues are reduced.
God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things - right now I am so far behind, I will never die.