Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

cpd conversion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jo jo, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

FG,

I'm sure that the enquirers, being graduate pods, will have enough experience in critical analysis to do just that.

I'm sure the tips on removing cat pee will come in useful as well. I wish I had had that knowledge as a young NHS pod doing dommies in the back streets of Salford.

regards

Catfoot

BTW I have 3,903 CPD points but as they don't make prizes I may not cash them in .....

2. Frederick George

Frederick George Active Member

You folks have way too much time on your hands. And you get points for it!!
    Cheers

3. Tkemp

Tkemp Active Member

There's a shame. You could have cashed them in for a fabulous set of steak knives :D

4. andersonkchan

andersonkchan Active Member

+1 to that. Shame really.

5. CamWhite

CamWhite Active Member

Does anyone know if ABCOP recognizes the CPD points issued on this site?

6. andersonkchan

andersonkchan Active Member

hmm, i wouldn't count on the CPD points here too much..
    i requested a certificate, my points to be converted into hours.. back on the 30th of november, and paid straight away!!
    Even after COUNTLESS emails to the admin here, and also lodging a paypal dispute - I STILL have not recieved my certificate!!
    The threads that i have started here regarding this issue have ALL be deleted. I have started 2-3 , and every time I ask the admins / moderators to inform me why they have deleted ... they delete without explanations anyway!

Currently I'm requesting the paypal dispute to be escalated to claim back my $25... this unfortunately isn't the big deal.. losing out on a certificate kills me! I needed it for my podiatry accreditation... I ended up having to do something else! What a waste of time.
    :confused:

7. CamWhite

CamWhite Active Member

I am sorry you are having problems getting your certificate, but I am still looking for an answer to my question. This assumes, of course that you have received a receipt of your CPD points on this forum.

Does the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics (ABCOP) recognize the CPD points issued on this forum, and if so, what is the conversion rate from points to hours?

Anyone? Admins?

8. Lorna Clarke

Lorna Clarke Welcome New Poster

I know that the HPC, (Health Professions Council) here in Britain don't do the converting CPD points to hours anymore. It's all a bit woolly! I updated my skills in 2010 after several years off to have kids, I needed to complete 30hrs, but it wasn't as straight forward as 30 CPD = 30Hrs, and they are very picky as to which establishments/courses they recognise....Sorry that's not much help to you tho'.

9. bankcardgold

bankcardgold Banned

Sell cvv/ship/transfer wu/bank logins/track 1&2/dumps..

10. corby34

corby34 Member

dont think its one point for one hour.if it is i need a hobby.lol

11. Catfoot

To whoever it may concern,
    I have sent the required money back in May and have still not yet received my CPD certificate.

I have sent repeated e-mails about this and no-one has replied.

If you have no intention of sending the certificate will you please refund my money.

I have opened a dispute with PayPal about this.

Catfoot

12. mokgatle

mokgatle Member

I am experiencing the same problem today, and it has been since November 2011 that Podiatry arena failed to post or e-mail a copy of cpd Certificate for me. I'm starting to wonder if this forum or whatsoever its called; is real or fake.

I've been taken for a ride with my own money & this is really painful since I put my trust in podiatry arena

Has anyone ever really gotten a cpd certificate from podiatry arena?

13. CEM

CEM Active Member

not wanting to add to the cat fight...but are these points recognised for C.Peds by ABCOP?

could just get me out a pretty cavernous hole

14. Catfoot

Sorry CEM, I can't answer your question but what I will say is that I have just had a refund of my money via the credit card company.

Mokgatle, I suggest you make contact your credit card company and they will tell you how to raise a dispute and obtain a refund.

regards

Catfoot

15. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Hi to late to read previous posts BUT come on guys!!!! Where is my certificate............

16. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Still waiting......

how can I see the amount of points that accrue within a time frame.

Good Luck to all those trying to do last minute CPD :)

Cheers

Heather

17. yesireebob

yesireebob Member

I too have paid for my certificate via Paypal. I have been waiting about 6 weeks and have written numerous messages only receiving one response - a promise to provide the certificate!

Still waiting...

I suspect that this site may be a little fraudulent.

18. marjfra

marjfra Member

Yes, I'm also having trouble getting a CPD certificate.
    I paid US$25.00 for it on the 21st August 2012 via Paypal....still waiting!!!!
    I've contacted Craig Payne numerous times by phone and emails....NO reply.
    Could someone let me know what the problem is?

19. yesireebob

yesireebob Member

Still waiting for my certificate...
    I hate to say it, but it is quite obvious now that this site is run by a bunch of crooks.
    Who owns this site and where are they based?