Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Foot 'detox' scam

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by NewsBot, Jul 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Like the thread on using live fish for pedicures, we weren't going to carry this story, but it getting a lot of publicity and I am sure patients will ask about it at some stage:

Local 12 are reporting:
    Cures For Toxic Feet
    Link to story

2. NewsBot

Articles:
    Re: Foot 'detox'

A google search turns up plenty more on this.

3. NewsBot

Articles:

Foot Detox Quackery:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  4. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel Active Member

Remarkable! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: He keeps a straight face while explaining it

5. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel Active Member

I on to it:

6. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

Here is another:

7. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Is the woman narrating on speed or is it my computer?

PS. Do you think if I leave one of these detoxifying pads under my daughters bed over night her room will be clean by morning or should I use an entire box? :confused:

Hmm................

8. ericajones80

ericajones80 Member

I was thinking the same thing...he's a real pro!

9. David Wedemeyer

David Wedemeyer Well-Known Member

I had a Naturopath in an office next to mine affording this service to people. I admit I tried it once and it didn't improve my vision, libido, or looks one bit to say nothing of my disposition!

The foot bath craze has actually slowed down quite a bit. Its a pile of monkey guano. They tested the water in a legitimate lab after one of these 'treatments' and they found:

Water!

No exudate's of human pineal gland, no toxins, excess ethyl alcohol, lead, chlorine, cadmium, biohazards, weapons of mass destruction.....

10. DAVOhorn

DAVOhorn Well-Known Member

Dear All,

Just checked Shuropody's web site today.

Guess what they, are offering FOOT DETOX.

I wonder if it is the same system that is being discussed here?

Oh well another nail in the coffin of Podiatry as a paramedical profession.:butcher:

Mind you it seems that the smart money is not in health care but is in Palliative touchy feely nicey bits and pieces.

Anyway there is an article on Homeopathic Podiatry in this months edition of Podiatry Now.

Why will people pay more for the intangible compared to a t/t modality that has a measureable benefit outcome.:bash:

I suppose if you can measure it you can put a notional value on it, if you cant measure it you may believe what you are being told.

In Homeopathy i thought that becaus of the severity of the dilution of the active ingredient you actually receive NOT ONE MOLECULE OF THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT.

So giving you nothing of something has a therapeutic outcome which is measureable.:eek:

Oh well i have just invented the BLADELESS SCALPEL.

It is completely painless and cannot cause a haemorrhage. But the reduction in pain from the callosities is absolutely incredible.

Indeed one of my Pts Mr Michael AAARDVVAARRK has said it is the most effective system for the removal of callous he has ever had.

Indeed he travels from WAYOUTBACH NSW monthly to see me and says my fee of $195.00 for 15 mins represents amazing value compared to the $50.00 fees he has previously paid to other Pods for a wasted 30mins.

He has recommended this to the other two inhabitants of WAYOUTBACH and is writing an article for the town flysheet.

So my future financial security is assured.:dizzy:

regards David:drinks

11. Burnz

Burnz Welcome New Poster

nice video and yeah you are right they are really good in doing it.

12. NewsBot

Articles:

Time Magazine run a story on this:
    Detox, Shmeetox
    Link to story

13. footsiegirl

footsiegirl Active Member

Having brought up teenage daughters myself, I can testify that nothing
    will clean your daughter's room. Something "happens" when teenagers take up residence in their rooms...I can garruntee nothing short of complete redecoration will make a difference :boohoo:

14. NewsBot

Articles:
    This question just turned up on Yahoo! Answers:
    The first answer was:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...Ca4ZHu8jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20101101021453AAV1EC4

15. Perthpod

Perthpod Active Member

Hahaha. Nothing says fail like ' if you ever need more we'll send them free for life'...Must be expensive to make..

16. NewsBot

Articles:
  17. NewsBot

Articles:
    Objective assessment of an ionic footbath (IonCleanse): testing its ability to remove potentially toxic elements from the body.
    Kennedy DA, Cooley K, Einarson TR, Seely D.
    J Environ Public Health. 2012;2012:258968

18. NewsBot

Articles:
    The Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland have upheld a complaint on the foot detox claims
    Link to story

19. thekwie

thekwie Active Member

Er, is it deliberate that the ad at the top of the pageis actually for an ionic foot detox? (detoxdefeet.com.au) Is this monitored in any way? Hmmmmmmm

20. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Nope; but it does show you the brilliance of the ad-serving software in delivering contextually relevant adverts!