Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Help required for

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by Heather J Bassett, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    A young teenage lad presented with "lumps" on all digits that have been present for some time and are increasing in size. These are becoming increasingly painful. The 1st toes have the largest lumps, are the sorest and all lumps are in the middle of the fat pads on the plantar aspect of the digits.

The lumps/nodules are within the dermis and are soft to palpate. I have not seen anything like this in 30 + years:confused: so I would appreciate some help. Thanks

This young man has downs syndrome and hypothyroidism apart from this his general health appears good.

His GP referred him with results from an ultrasound. The results were unremarkable with no diagnosis.

I have spoken to my local dermatologist who was unable to shed any light on this case.

I am trying to add some photos but as this is the first time in my many posts that I have tried to do this and I am not having much luck.:bang:

Cheers

2. Heather J Bassett

:D maybe this time!

Attached Files:

3. Heather J Bassett

PS thanks to my fantastic team member Chantel for taking the pictures and asking for my opinion.

Cheers

4. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

Hi Heather,
    Whatever the cause of these lumps, l would suggest as part of the treatment plan, to start and have his shoes modified to a rocker sole.

This should give quite a bit of reilf immediatley for your client during the gait cycle, whilst you further investgate and treat the condition.

Good luck

5. garcianavas

garcianavas Member

A neurofibromatosis perhaps, I´ll do a biopsy (sorry by my english)