Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Foot Reading

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by Blarney, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Blarney

Blarney Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Article in last week's "The Irish News'' - 'Exploring the sole purpose of learning all about our feet'.

Even advertises a weekend course for £155 - "and may pave the way to a new business if you would like to learn about it so you too can host house parties" - run by the lady who has the website below.

Takes the ridiculous to a whole new level.

http://www.footreading.co.uk/footreading/

Justin
    podiatry.ie

2. betafeet

betafeet Active Member

Checked out her website looks like its what we do every day without any treatment. Robert you can cross my soles with silver anytime -sorry Justin I don't know you well enough. Has it got any history behind it as never heard of it.

Judith

3. JRB123

JRB123 Active Member

Unbelievable that this lady is advertising this and would be even more unbelievable if she got any customers!

4. She has.

5. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    The Foot-Reading Cult of Japan.
    Bosmia AN, Bosmia AN, Tubbs RS.
    J Relig Health. 2013 Jun 7.

6. "lord what fools these mortals be."

7. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
  8. Mike Plank

Mike Plank Active Member

Well I never! The word Gullible was left out of the dictionary! It never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to believe.

I was once told that in order to lighten up a dreary session a Podiatrist would tell his patients that he could tell what Star sign they were just by looking at their feet. He would then go into a long explanation of 'if the second toe is longer than the third etc and then declare what Star sign they were. The Patient was suitably amazed and would leave impressed that the Podiatrist could tell so much from looking at their feet. However what he didn't tell them was that one of the first details all Podiatrists take from patients is their date of birth!

Priceless

9. Lab Guy

Lab Guy Well-Known Member

I have no problem with people who choose to spend their money on a foot reading if it helps them feel better. Most people feel and act like victims and their fears prevent them from realizing that the answers they are looking for are within.

If people feel the need to spend their money on foot readers, toe nail readers, palm readers, psychics, so be it. We all go through some tough times and need outside help. Its also better and less expensive than escaping life's problems through over-eating, alcholol and drug abuse, et.

Foot readings are also much cheaper than religion that is controlling, keeps you in fear and in your pocket for your hard earned money.

Steven

10. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

netizens

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. " Shakespeare

Solestry (podomancy) has a very long linage. Indeed one Chinese Emperor from antiquity commissioned an encyclopaedia on the topic which consisted of 5,020 volumes.

http://foottalk.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/sole-to-soul-solestry.html

Just finished a compendium of Sherlock Holmes and sure (in my mind anyway) the great sleuth would be intereted in learning more about solestry.

toeslayer or should it be (reference to wdd) toes' layer :)

11. BEN-HUR

BEN-HUR Well-Known Member

I'll admit I didn't thoroughly go through the above website (it became too painful after a while)... however I got the gist of it pretty quickly.

Reminded me of a time when I went to a reflexologist (yea, I know :confused:) but I went because a patient of mine was seeing this reflexologist, this reflexologist was keen to meet me... & I was curious (after all she was delving in my area).

Anyway, the experience was certainly relaxing, like most massages are. That's fair enough, the feet are heavily used parts of the body. It wasn't until she assessed my little toes (5th digits) & noticed they turned to the side (turned inwards)... this apparently meant that I had "turned my back on my family" :wacko: . Relaxation or not, all credibility went out of the window at that point & that was my last appointment (of 3).

Since then I have made a point to assess the 5th digit alignment of my patients... you'll be surprised how many people who have apparently turned their backs on their families... even babies & toddlers :eek: .

12. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

Can you read a foot on a kindle or an i pad?