Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Podiatry Arena Benevolent Fund

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by Mark Russell, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    After the recent floods in Queensland (and now the earthquake in Christchurch) I suggested to Craig that it might be a good idea to start a benevolent fund through Arena to help colleagues whose practice may be adversely affected by events large and small. Such a fund could be used to assist in a small way - for emergency assistance - until the colleagues were able to secure help from more traditional resources - bank/family etc. Each year at Christmas, I produce a calendar which I give to friends, family, patients and some colleagues - and I thought from next year, it would be an idea to sell these through Arena for a small sum - the profits going directly to the proposed fund. Currently they cost around UK£6.00 each - - the suggested price around UK£11.00. Nothing to stop other members doing there own fundraising by doing similar - or even donating funds direct.

Such a fund will require a small committee of trustees whose role would be to administer and oversee - not terribly arduous or time consuming. Perhaps Craig could advise or appoint as he sees fit.

Open to suggestions and comments.

What do you think?

2. stevewells

stevewells Active Member

Great idea Mark

3. I'd buy one. They're awesome!

4. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

:good:

Me too. Brilliant idea.

Thanks Mark. :drinks

5. Rick K.

Rick K. Active Member

It assume it would cost more to ship it out of country that the calendar costs. Anybody down there got a decent attorney (oxymoron, I know) buddy who could set up a nonprofit fund to take donations and a buddy who could set up a quick website to serve as access point. I know donating to Red Cross or Salvation Army would certainly be helpful generically, but it isn't specifically helping those pods.

Any news on any Kiwi pods with the earthquake?