Home Forums Marketplace Table of Contents Events Member List Site Map Register Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums, for communication between foot health professionals about podiatry and related topics.

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, earn CPD points and access many other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisments in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Liquid Insoles - Thoughts people?

Submit Thread >  Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Google Submit to Yahoo! This Submit to Technorati Submit to StumbleUpon Submit to Spurl Submit to Netscape  < Submit Thread

Old 24th March 2012, 04:27 PM

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)
Default Liquid Insoles - Thoughts people?

Podiatry Arena members do not see these ads
New Liquid Filled Insole - So frustrating as I had the same Idea in first year hahah! Oh well that is the way life goes! Thoughts people?

http://www.algeos.com/liqua-care-insoles.html
Sponsored Links
Old 25th March 2012, 11:23 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:
Default Re: Liquid Insoles - Thoughts people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmjones1234 View Post
New Liquid Filled Insole - So frustrating as I had the same Idea in first year hahah! Oh well that is the way life goes! Thoughts people?

http://www.algeos.com/liqua-care-insoles.html
In the early 90's when I was at CCPM someone came to us to test some silicon filled devices (no channels). I found them unstable. For example when you push off on your right foot, moving laterally to your left, you will tend to put more weight on the outside of your foot and this will squish all of the viscous fluid to the medial side that will tend to invert you. For my foot, it was better than no orthosis, but not as good as my rigid orthoses.

The department chairman described the feeling as stepping into a cow pie.

Eric
The Following User Says Thank You to efuller For This Useful Post:
bmjones1234 (29th March 2012)
Old 26th March 2012, 01:44 AM

About:

have seen some prototypes a few years ago of one filled with a cork & ceramic clay paste with channels in them, as the foot warmed up the clay it becomes softer and more malleable

from what i remember they had some base shape to them too in terms of a heel cup and basic arch shape, the flow material moved between the arch and the forefoot
The Following User Says Thank You to CEM For This Useful Post:
bmjones1234 (29th March 2012)
Old 28th March 2012, 10:29 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:
Location: "I'm sick of flags - whatever colour. There's only one flag - the white flag.": Paul Hewson
Thanked 1,055 Times in 770 Posts

With a strategic channel design and filled with a non-Newtonian fluid the concept might become interesting.

"My mission drive is to open up my eyes, 'cause the wicked lies and all the sh!te you say..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4NW5S1UTPQ

"Science is the antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition."
Old 29th March 2012, 03:21 PM

About:
Talking Re: Liquid Insoles - Thoughts people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by efuller View Post
In the early 90's when I was at CCPM someone came to us to test some silicon filled devices (no channels). I found them unstable. For example when you push off on your right foot, moving laterally to your left, you will tend to put more weight on the outside of your foot and this will squish all of the viscous fluid to the medial side that will tend to invert you. For my foot, it was better than no orthosis, but not as good as my rigid orthoses.

The department chairman described the feeling as stepping into a cow pie.

Eric
For a personal Thank you - The Cow Pie made my day, you should recommend that to be their sale slogan!

B
Old 29th March 2012, 03:27 PM

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Spooner View Post
With a strategic channel design and filled with a non-Newtonian fluid the concept might become interesting.
Can you explain what you mean by this?

Surely you could cheat and add a valve system within the compartments. This valve could be pressure operated allowing movement with pressure to be more gradual then when the foot is in swing phase it resets.

The liquid perhaps should be substituted for a quasi-solid like toothpaste. Combine both could again as a more gentle resistance to the forces. Without the spring effect aforementioned in the Cow Pie post.

B