Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Singapore

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by Alicia.S, May 3, 2012.

1. Alicia.S

Alicia.S Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone out there could give me some more info on the state of health care in Singapore.

What is their model of care, how the health system is set up. How does their Allied Health/ podiatry sector compare to Australia.

Thanks in Advance

2. MissB

MissB Active Member

Hi Alicia,

I don't know how the state of healthcare in Singapore differs from Australia (I'm in the UK), but my understanding is that Singapore is the leading provider of healthcare in Asia.

I have a few friends who work as podiatrists in Singapore. In fact, I interviewed for a job to work out there too, but for one reason or another I decided to stay put. Although, with the poor weather we're having in Manchester at the moment I am slightly regretting that decision!!

Have a look at these websites, hopefully they will help you and give you the information you're looking for:

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/our_healthcare_system.html

http://www.contactsingapore.sg/industries/healthcare_services/

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/guides-for-expats/healthcare-in-singapore.htm

3. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Hi Alicia

Try Lisa (hkpod) she practices in Hong Kong and may know the answers to your questions. She has always been very helpful to me when I have contacted her on podiatry matters:cool:

May be worth sending her a PM on here

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Derek;)

4. Alicia.S

Alicia.S Member

Thanks for your help.

5. nl689

nl689 Member

Hi Alicia

The company I work for recently have opened a clinic in Singapore and word is that business is booming. Like MissB mentioned Singapore is on the higher scale of healthcare in the Asian region so undoubtedly you will have the support you need to do your job efficiently. Similary the fact that there are not many POD's in Singapore is always an attractive prospect for anyone thinking of going there for a career :)

Only thing that might put you off is the amount of diabetic foot ulcer patients you will end up seeing. A friend of mine who worked in Singapore said that the large majority of patients were those with foot ulcers. If that's no bother then you should be having a great time there.

All the best :)

Nel