Home Forums Marketplace Table of Contents Events Member List Site Map Register Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums, for communication between foot health professionals about podiatry and related topics.

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, earn CPD points and access many other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisments in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Root - Normal and abnormal function of the foot (Clinical biomechanics)

Submit Thread >  Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Google Submit to Yahoo! This Submit to Technorati Submit to StumbleUpon Submit to Spurl Submit to Netscape  < Submit Thread

Old 17th June 2009, 06:46 AM

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)
Default Root - Normal and abnormal function of the foot (Clinical biomechanics)

Podiatry Arena members do not see these ads
Hello all, need someone who is really kind and generous! I am looking for the following book; Normal and abnormal function of the foot (Clinical biomechanics) by Mr Root. Does anyone have a copy i can beg borrow or steal, even if it has been photocopied!! Can anyone help me?

Regards

Ian
Sponsored Links
Old 17th June 2009, 07:00 AM
Administrator
Spam Buster

About:
Default Re: Root - Normal and abnormal function of the foot (Clinical biomechanics)

Hi Ian

I have to ask; as a new graduate why are you so desperate for this book?
Old 17th June 2009, 07:27 AM

About:
Default Re: Root - Normal and abnormal function of the foot (Clinical biomechanics)

because i want to dedicate sometime to it and form a full opinion about his theories myself.

regards

ian
Old 17th June 2009, 07:41 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

I too would like a copy of the definative work. I suspect its not still in print, are there any digital copies?

Jeff can you be of any help here? The 1971 work must be one of the most widely known of biomechanics textbooks in the world... and the hardest to get hold of!

Regards
Robert
Old 17th June 2009, 07:46 AM
Administrator
Spam Buster

About:

All yours for a few hundred dollars on Amazon squire
Old 17th June 2009, 07:47 AM

About:

excellent idea regarding digital copy, cant find the book anywhere online and for such a seminal piece of work it is poor show really. Herman will be pronating in his grave! (Thats terrible!)
Old 17th June 2009, 07:50 AM
Administrator
Spam Buster

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianabateman View Post
because i want to dedicate sometime to it and form a full opinion about his theories myself.

regards

ian
I have Volume 2 - and would be more than happy to photocopy, scan on and then e-mail you anything specific (but not the whole book as that would takes ages!)

You'll struggle to get a copy in the UK, but can get it from the US if you are willing to pay (see above link to Amazon). For this reason, (and that it is a bit of podiatric history) I doubt anyone will part with their copy for you

Ian

P.S Who's Herman?

Last edited by Ian G : 17th June 2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 17th June 2009, 08:05 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:
Location: "I'm sick of flags - whatever colour. There's only one flag - the white flag.": Paul Hewson
Thanked 1,008 Times in 743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I have Volume 2 - and would be more than happy to photocopy, scan on and then e-mail you anything specific (but not the whole book as that would takes ages!)
I used to have vol.1 vol.2 and the casting technique books. Sadly due to students with sticky fingers I now only have vol.2.

You can't photocopy the whole book as that would be breaking copyright.

Some years ago, Jeff was still selling copies of vol.2

I'm sure he will help.

"My mission drive is to open up my eyes, 'cause the wicked lies and all the sh!te you say..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4NW5S1UTPQ

"Science is the antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition."
Old 17th June 2009, 05:23 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

I have got it. Still in good condition & would be prepared to sell it - I haven't used it really since Uni days. I live in Australia so if you are interested, let me know.

Mark
Old 7th May 2012, 06:59 AM

About:

Do anyone happen to have this book? I would like to purchase them since I cant find it in the local (Australia) bookstore?
Old 7th May 2012, 05:32 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:

Hi. I have Clinical Biomehanics Volume 2 in excellent condition. The only real wear is the contact plastic cover which is slightly worn.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:49 AM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:
Location: "I'm sick of flags - whatever colour. There's only one flag - the white flag.": Paul Hewson
Thanked 1,008 Times in 743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post

P.S Who's Herman?
Tax...

"My mission drive is to open up my eyes, 'cause the wicked lies and all the sh!te you say..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4NW5S1UTPQ

"Science is the antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition."
Old 8th May 2012, 11:45 AM

About:

There is a paperback 1st edition in used condition on Amazon.co.uk for 165 quid.