Home Forums Marketplace Table of Contents Events Member List Site Map Register Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums, for communication between foot health professionals about podiatry and related topics.

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, earn CPD points and access many other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisments in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tags: , , , ,

Podiatry related nasal problems

Submit Thread >  Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Google Submit to Yahoo! This Submit to Technorati Submit to StumbleUpon Submit to Spurl Submit to Netscape  < Submit Thread

Old 8th May 2012, 02:44 PM

About:
Marketplace reputation 0% (0)
Default Podiatry related nasal problems

Podiatry Arena members do not see these ads
Hi,
I have been having problems with pain at the top of my nasal cavity area. It initially felt like I had been punched in the face (I hadn't!) and my GP diagnosed sinusitis but when I failed to respond to antibiotics he referred me to ENT. My consultant thinks my condition may be related to my working environment as a podiatrist. The CT scan showed nothing sinister and the consultant thinks it may be neuralgia. He said that he saw another podiatrist with a similar condition recently. I was wondering if any of my right honourable arena colleagues had suffered from similar problems and, if so, had they been diagnosed with a specific condition?

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 8th May 2012, 02:57 PM
Podiatry Arena Veteran

About:
Default Re: Podiatry related nasal problems

I have had recurrent episodes of infected sinuses for the last 15 odd years. A dreadful acetone like smell emanates when one blows the nose. I stopped using the drill ~6 yrs ago, i think it's reduced the rate of occurrence. GP, like myself, blames the nail dust. On retirement looking forward to getting them flushed!, all the best, mark
Old 8th May 2012, 03:29 PM
Administrator

About:
Default Re: Podiatry related nasal problems