Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Brisbane -Job availability Situation

Discussion in 'Podiatry Employment' started by toughspiders, Sep 8, 2008.

1. toughspiders

toughspiders Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi

I am due to arrive in Brisbane on the 2nd Jan (from the UK) and will be looking for work probably from the end of Jan 2009. I would be grateful if anyone could enlighten me as to what the job situation is like at the moment.
    Is there plenty of choice for a Pod?? Or are the jobs limited. I have over 6 years experience

Regards
    Bex

2. wear84

wear84 Member

I would be grateful to know job availability in Brisbane also. Flying out from UK 28th Sept but still waiting for my APODC registration to come through. Will be wanting a job ASAP after that

3. Donna

Donna Active Member

Hi there again Bex!

There doesn't seem to be a lot of jobs vacant at present in Brisbane, but keep looking at http://www.apodc.com.au/work.htm...

Another option would be to become a Member of the Australian Podiatry Association and put your name on the locum list, which is an effective means of gaining short term work, with the potential to extend to a more permanent position later... Just a thought... ;)

Regards

Donna :drinks

4. toughspiders

toughspiders Active Member

Thanks Donna

Hope you're well!

Bex
    x

5. yladwa

yladwa Member

How do you put your name on the locum list? and how much does it cost to register on the council?