Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Military / army boots

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by Liz C, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Liz C

Liz C Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hey guys, wanting a bit of your knowledge. i have been recommending a certain type of boot to my military and army clientel, as a replacement for their standard issue boots, also as i dont like any of the boot on the australian defence force 'preferred' boot list.

the boots i have been recommending are now no longer available in Australia and need to find another alternative. What does everyone else suggest for their patients?

The boot I have been recommending up until now is the Altama Exospeed 2, each boot weighing 540 grams, as apposed to the 2+ kilos per boot of the standard issue!!!!

please help with other suggestions!

Thanks in advance!!

2. Liz C

Liz C Member

3. Leah Claydon

Leah Claydon Active Member

Hi

I worked as a military podiatrist for 8 years, the boot the guys all wanted to swap out to was Lowa, which I just did a search for and they still do them, whilst on that website I tried to match your boot - check link below:

http://www.patrolstore.com/Ops-Systems-Climate-6-Desert-Suede-Boots.html

It's been 10 years since I left working for the army - boots have always been and issue - I remember trying to fit a Fijian recruit with size 16 feet - nightmare!

Leah

4. g'day , 511 tactical make a good boot..dealer/importer...bankstown NSW
    cheers

5. Dr. Steven King

Dr. Steven King Well-Known Member

Aloha Liz,

We have been developing some pretty cool advanced composite combat boots out here in the Big Blue on Maui.

We have tested them for the US DoD and Army Medical Research and Materials Command for SBIR A11-109 "Advanced Composite Insoles for the Reduction of Stress Fractures."

I would call upon you to consider the mechanics and importantly the materials of the system. Our soldiers currently require your best opinion. Please click on the advertising link here on Podiaty Arena or go to www.kingetics.com and read our research results posted under the MAREN tab, please.

They should be availble on the website Kickstarter.com under Boots For Troops! this week.

A Hui Hou,
    Steve

Dr. Steven King
    Podiatrist and Pedorthist
    Maui Hawaii
    Managing Member Kingetics LLC
    Co-Principle Investigator SBIR A11-109 US DoD and AMRMC
    Voting Member Amercian Society of Testing Materials Committees
    -F13 Footwear Safety
    -E54 Homeland Security Applications and Body Armor
    Prior Army Officer and Podiatrist
    Chief Prototester