Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

The Deep Freeze

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Mark Russell, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Winter's come early to the Northern Hemisphere with some spectacular conditions across Blighty's hills. Nice to be able to take a day or two off work and enjoy the majestic splendour. Get these thermals out..... ;)

Attached Files:

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    It might look spectacular, BUT....I got caught in it at Newcastle and missed my connection out of Heathrow !!!!

3. That is absolutley stunning Mark!

Traffic around North Kent slowed to a standstill this morning. Primarily because a Gritting lorry broke down on the A249!

Oh you have to love the Irony!!!

4. Minus 17 Monday morning

Minus 20 this morning

and here is talk of minus 23 tomorrow and then minus 20 of Thursday.

Same weather pattern from Russia which brought cold and snow to the UK last year.

19 days till 3 weeks in OZ and summer not that I´m counting!!

ps Mark you do take a very nice picture.

5. Top one's not mine - I'm parked in the snow band waiting on Harpic getting his act together.

6. Here are some photos of snowy Lake Tahoe this last Thanksgiving weekend with the Kirby clan. Very early winter here in California so far!

Attached Files:

7. That looks rather lovely.

We've had between 18 and 37 snowflakes down here and everyone is bloody hysterical!

8. Graham

Graham RIP

I'm off to kenora next week, on the Ontario/Manitoba boarder. They've had close to 50cm of snow already and more coming!

Fantastic!

9. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

l!

Rob
    I have around 4 inches of snow and have cancelled my days work today as my road is all but impassable.
    Not hysterical very calm and serine as the snow is still falling , traffic gridlocked, wife informs me her work colleagues that left work 3 hours ago have not covered 2 miles from the office as yet ( smilies are not working CRAIG HELP)

If you are feeling hysterical Rob ,try rubbing some TTO on your forehead and have a lie down to count the snowflakes again ??
    Bless:)

Didnt I see some of these photo's last year when it snowed and you were whinging coz you wanted it gone ?????
    Cheers
    D ;-)

10. Griff

Griff Moderator

I've just got back from my golf club, and funnily enough we had the course to ourselves...

Attached Files:

11. drsarbes

drsarbes Well-Known Member

Beautiful photos - all.
    Since we're sharing photo's depicting the effects of "global warming"
    here's my cabin in northern Wisconsin.

Steve

Attached Files:

12. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Ian

Did you creep onto the ice to retieve that ball on the ice coz I bet it was a proV1 !!! (for those non golfers amoung us that is a golf ball costing about £3.50 a go )
    Go on own up !!
    Cheers mate
    D ;-)

13. Griff

Griff Moderator

Haha - yes mate it was a proV1, and painful as it was I had to leave it there!

14. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Ha
    I see your driving still needs some work then !! :))))))))))))

Hope you had the thermals on mate ? otherwise that might not be the only ball you look for, brass monkeys and all that ;-)

Cheers
    D ;-)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  15. Griff

Griff Moderator

You know my driving is the most solid part of my game Del ;-) It was actually a 7 iron approach which I caught a little skinny so it didn't quite make it over the brook which guards the green. Couldn't feel my fingers for 20 minutes after that one...

It took nearly an hour back in the club house for the 'mouse to come out the house' again :eek:

16. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

When you grow up and your as old as me puppy, you will learn the meaning of the saying discretion is the better part of Valor ;-)

I'm gonna turn up the heating and get a nice glass of wine...enjoy your golf mate :)))
    cheers
    D ;-)

17. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

Here we go again,
    goodaye steve, I checked Wisconsin's weather, at the moment -3.7 deg C, and the average winter temp is ~ -6 deg C ???

And I was reading you had a hot summer,

"In fact, of the 1,218 weather stations in the contiguous United States, with data going back to 1895, 153 locations recorded their hottest summer on record and nearly one in three stations recorded average temperatures among their five hottest on record.

Even more telling is that nighttime lows were the hottest ever recorded at nearly one in four weather stations in NOAA's Historic Climatology Network. This means that at 278 stations the average nighttime low temperatures for June, July and August 2010 were hotter than at any time since 1895."
    http://www.nrdc.org/globalWarming/hottestsummer/default.asp

Bit of a worry?

18. Rick K.

Rick K. Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was from the first weekend in November in Western North Carolina. Made me mad because I had left my skis back in Alabama figuring they wouldn't lay enough of a base down at the ski area in 36 hours, but I was wrong. It was in the upper 20's in Alabama that same weekend. But, we still have roses, mums, and similar things blooming.

But, that first photo with the climbers to the left just makes me hyperventilate thinking about that height.

19. Rick K.

Rick K. Active Member

20. Since we're showing cool snow photos, here's one of my oldest son from 7 years ago (when he was 20) trying to wreck one of our snowmobiles up by our property in the northern Sierras...

Attached Files:

21. ....or snowmobiling in the Rockies looking out over the Continental Divide.

Attached Files:

22. ...or with eight feet of snow at the cabin....

Attached Files:

23. From Dundee University meterological dept.

Nice, huh?

Attached Files:

24. Yep, we had about 2mm in Plymouth and half of my list cancelled due to the weather today. :bang:

25. footfan

footfan Active Member

Yeah simon our clinic in Cardiff was the same and there was no snow just a bit of ice on pavements, patients all seem to change thier shoesaswell ( and forget to bring thier usual shoes for fittings!!) oh well

26. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Yep, we
    PHP:
    had about 2mm in Plymouth and half of my list cancelled due to the weather today
    Si
    These are of my Garden and from my surgery door.
    I Haven't worked all the week and have cancelled everything till at least Tuesday next week :-((

Went down to minus 6 last night and is below freezing for the next week , which has put a nice crusting of ice on top of the snow.

Everything gridlocked AGAIN very little public transport running.
    Hah Hum

Deep Joy
    Cheers
    D ;-)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  27. Spend a good portion of this AM shoveling snow to get the cars out and a good deal more pushing cars belonging to idiots who don't know how to drive in it. Got the kids to nursery no problems. Going to southampton latter. Bloody fuss over nothing. If the gritters actually did any gritting, the people on the roads had an average IQ higher than 4 and the railways were'nt run by a load of gibbons who've been strategically shaved and put into suits we'd all be fine!

On the Up side, a friend of ours, who drives a 4X4, is driving another friend of ours, who she has never met, from the back of beyond to the hospital for her chemotherapy today. In a world full of B*****ds who will slit your throat for the last loaf of bread in the shop its rather nice to be reminded of how many good people there are in the world. Weather like this makes them show up a lot more.

28. Del, get out there and snowball the neighbours (While mulling a bottle of vino for when you come back in doors). I want some snow!!!!!

29. James Welch

James Welch Active Member

Hurrah, can't wait for my drive from Surrey to the Lake District tonight, yeh!!! :cool:

PS: Sorry, no cool photo's to add, unless you want a photo of muddy sludge,.

30. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Si
    !!

Got two of the Grand kids having a sleepover tonight, I think I will be pressganged into a snowball fight with them at some stage !!

If not the other two are coming tomorrow as well, so that will be all 4 against Grandad Del !!!

Wanna come and take my place?? ;-)

Cheers
    D ;-)

31. Then my advice to you is to use your time wisely. Stock pile secret caches of snowballs at strategic points within the field of play. Then when they try to rush you, you'll be able to counter with a barrage of returned fire.

You could also use your time to make a trebuchet... Am I taking this a little too seriously?;)

Would love to get involved. I love snow.

32. Nah.

I was going to rig some kind of restraining system for the snow on the roof, attatched to a rope, then put a few fan heaters in the loft.

My best moment in the snow was to put the handbrake on at the top of the railway bridge which leads down into our estate. Slid a good 100 yards down the hill with the wheels not turning, using the steering like a rudder. Legendary fun.

Pull the rope, instant avalanche.

33. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Yep it's nice for a while mate BUT its been here a bit too long and too much of it. My Son was unable to get to work in the city AGAIN today, he's working from home so we are having the kids. Roberts Rant was about right. The reason they recon we have loads of salt is coz they aint puttin it on the roads !!! I live in a side road in which the snow will have to melt coz the council will not salt it. Only 4x4's can get out up to now rear wheel drives dont stand a chance. Not good for business for me :-(
    Still as you say I spose I can pelt the kids with snowballs that will take my mind off it !! :)
    Cheers
    D ;-)

34. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Hi Simon,

Your parcel should arrive shortly. ;)

35. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Nice one Twirls :)))))))))))
    Cheers
    D ;-)

36. blinda

blinda MVP

I love shnow too!

Been shnowed in for 2 days. Lit the bog lurner. Made copious amounts of mome hade soup. Mulled 4 bottles of wine.......and researching the virtues of nitric oxide :drinks

[​IMG]

37. Yeah, I understand all of that but why have you got the ironing board outside?

38. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

C'mon Si Keep up , Its to stop her gettin too hot when she slaves over the ironing innit:rolleyes:

Cheers
    D ;)

39. blinda

blinda MVP

What else am I going to do with it? I`m far too posh for housework.