Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Forensic Medicine of the Lower Extremity

Discussion in 'Podiatry and Related Books' started by admin, Apr 24, 2009.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Forensic Medicine of the Lower Extremity
    Jeremy Rich, Dorothy E. Dean, Robert H. Powers

[​IMG]

438 pages; Humana Press; 2005

From the reviews:
    Buy From:
    Amazon.com (USA)
    Amazon.ca (Canada)
    Amazon.co.uk (United Kingdom)
    Fishpond.com.au (Australia)
    Fishpond.co.nz (New Zealand)

2. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

3. Soux

Soux Member

I would like to do an Msc in Forensic Medicine of the Lower Limb, (preferably on line). Can anyone help/advise me how I can do this please?
    Soux

4. jgbu

jgbu Member

Glasgow Caledonian University is currently looking to provide a course such as this but it is unlikely that it will all be online as so much of the subject area is practical. Currently it is at an early stage of development but is likley to be approved and validated by the start of Septmeber next year (2010) with the likes of Wes Vernon taking part as a speaker/lecturer

Contact Gordon Burrow at J.G.Burrow@gcal.ac.uk for more details or to be kept on their mailing list

5. Soux

Soux Member

Thank you jgbu, this information is useful. I love this site! Suddenly the world of Podiatry doesn't seem so lonely anymore!
    Cheers

6. Sammo

Sammo Active Member

As an aside, if you have a couple of minutes spare....

When my fiancee lived in New Cross in London, her apartment got burgled. On the way in there was a communal hallway where one of her neighbours had left a brand new pair of trainers. The burgler stole these shoes, put them on and then cleaned out my fiancees flat of a Wii, few bottles of sprits, passports, digital camera and a couple of other trinkets (they left my tailored suit alone, which clearly meant they had no taste..:boxing:). As it turned out the guy had tons of previous burglary/theft and was a heroin addict.

When the forensics team turned up they found the perps old shoes in the communal bins, in the box with the new trainers came in. The police caught him a few months later on DNA evidence from his old shoes.. but then he was let off without even so much as a slap on the wrists, because they couldn't prove in court he was actually inside my fiancees apartment, despite the fact that the trainers he took were from inside the locked communal front door and literally right outside my fiancees frontdoor :craig:

So, it's wonderful that the british police are using DNA evidence to catch criminals, but a shame that the pissy awful english justice system let them go. :boohoo:

Sam

7. Tkemp

Tkemp Active Member

Does anyone know if there is a Forensics Podiatry course available in Australia?

Thanks