Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Hi from 2nd student of University of Newcastle Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by carol.yuen, May 20, 2014.

1. carol.yuen

carol.yuen Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    This is my first forum. I am a second year student from University of Newcastle (Australia). I found that this is so fascinating about the podiatry industry. Honestly, I didn't realize that podiatrist is part of allied health team before. After one and half years of studies about this profession, I am really loving it, from anatomy to biomechanic to cutting and filing toe nails. Feet are so humble working for us at the most distal part of our body without any attention, we hardly to pay attention to look after them, but if any pathology causing pain can give people a real hard time. I read a quote from my lecturer of his lecturer, "To become a podiatrist it takes four years,. To become a good podiatrist is a life long journeyā€¯. lecturer G. Rendall at QMU. It is so true. I am so looking forward to hear and learn and contribute my skills and knowledge to you all.

2. Leigh87

Leigh87 Welcome New Poster

Hi!

I think I am starting a bachelor of podiatry at the University of Newcastle too.

I start next year so you will likely be a new grad by then!

Do you know about the job prospects yet from your fellow peers and lecturers?

3. carol.yuen

carol.yuen Member

Hi Leigh87,

Welcome to PDTY UON course!
    Honestly, I haven't had any clue yet. We are heading to 2nd semester placement soon. We may have a better idea after the placement.
    Good luck with the course.

4. belfeet

belfeet Welcome New Poster

Hello Leigh87,

Nice to hear from Australia. Funnily enough I have just come back to the UK after visiting my daughter in Melbourne Australia. I made a visit to a Podiatrist while over there just to check out the competition! And he was an import from the UK anyway!