Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Ding-dong the bells are going to chime

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Simon Spooner, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Just wanted to wish Ian Griffith and his bride-to-be the very best for their wedding ceremony this coming weekend.

Hope it all goes swimmingly.

Cheers big boy.:drinks

2. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

Same thoughts echoed from me Ian.

3. blinda

blinda MVP

Yep, I`m sure all will go well, esp if you splash out on more than "a dozen bottles of antiseptic-grade white wine" for the occasion.

Hope you`re not utilizing the services of this wedding photographer. Have a wonderful day, Ian :drinks

Off to console my receptionist now....

4. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Hi Ian
    Ive been married 44 years on the 31st of this month:eek:
    I wish you and your future wife all the happiness in the world and strive to reach the same total and more;)
    Cheers buddy
    D:drinks

5. Sigh. Another batchelor offering up his freedom in the sacrificial flames of matrimony:boohoo:. What a cruel waste.

Its a wonderful institution Ian. You'll get used to being institutionalised in no time. By the by I think you can get a good price for your Golf clubs on Ebay.

Seriously though, Congratulations buddy.

6. I've been married nearly 32 years now and I still consider that asking my lovely bride, Pam, to marry me was the best decision I ever made in my life.

Ian, here is to many happy years of matrimonial bliss!:drinks

7. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

HI Griff,

Have you managed to secure some wedding day underwear?

If not, I have a 2nd hand, (not too)soiled yellow mankini. If you want to give me your address, I can send it on your way?

Seriously, I hope you have a great day and can you email me your address anyway.

Cheers

RP

8. By the way, did everyone hear about the injuries Ian sustained to his ankle on his stag weekend?

9. Athol Thomson

Athol Thomson Active Member

No didn't hear about that? Spill the beans Griff!

All the best for the weekend Ian. That powder blue safari suit you have picked out will look fantastic mate!

Best Wishes,
    Athol

10. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you and your good wife and all the best, mark

11. Griff

Griff Moderator

Thanks all.

Injuries sustained in Portugal included:

* Grade 1 ATFL sprain
    * Subchondral bruising medial malleolus
    * Tibial nerve sensitisation/irritation
    * Right shin waxed (I promise this was as painful as all three above combined so I very much count it as an injury)

12. blinda

blinda MVP

Ouch. Amazing what chains and railings will do to a vulnerable man.

Then again, Mr Isaac's experienced similar injuries recently, eh Robert?

13. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

All the very best for a long & very happy marriage :drinks

Kindest regards,

Mandy.

14. bet you were wearing shoes

have you not learnt anything Ian ? Barefoot and your propropprorecption would have been super human and no injury.

as I said Via email enjoy the day

15. Griff

Griff Moderator

I was wearing my Onitsuka Tiger's, which are as flat as a flat thing. Pretty certain they would be termed 'minimalist' by todays standards, but I remember Kevin looking at them last year in Manchester and telling me he wore something similar for one of his marathons back in the day...

FYI - Tibial nerve sensitisation disappeared with 2 days of wearing kinesiotape. I'm the stuff's biggest and newest fan and tape literally everything I see, but keep it under your hat as I don't want to be flayed by the 'evidence police'...

16. Yeah, but you wear a hologram on your wrist, so we all know how susceptible you are to placebo's. :rolleyes:

17. comes in yellow as well - ;)

18. Griff

Griff Moderator

Touche!

Had a result that I still can't quite fathom myself with a chaps HAV and some K-Tape this week... must run it by you when we next speak

19. RE K-tape

I use it a little - had some great results with a young b-ball player VMO was not firing - wastage issues 2 yrs without playing - full treatment play with tape so who knows but she is playing again.

might give it more of a run with the influx of Achilles injuries about to start after winter - people running again after 4 months of not - happens every year

20. Ian Drakard

Ian Drakard Active Member

All the best- hope it all goes well :drinks

I think hidden in the above is great advice for the future- remembering the anniversary date is great start to long lasting happiness ;)

21. blinda

blinda MVP

[Cough, cough] Yes, Del. It IS important to get the date right, eh? :D

22. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Errrm I have a confession to make My anniversary is actually on the 30th not the 31st :eek:
    First time Ive ever got it wrong but yes 44years and yes the flowers are ordered for delivery on the right day :D
    These bloody senior moments are getting more and more frequent....Hah Hum
    Hope this beautiful weather holds for you both Griff

And thanks for the prompt Bel :rolleyes:

Good luck to you both
    Cheers
    D :drinks

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  23. Now that's what I call funny. :drinks Taxi for Del.

24. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Typo's happen dont they Si ???:rolleyes:
    Thats my excuse and I'm stickin to it:D
    Cheers Fella:drinks
    D;)

25. blinda

blinda MVP

Just spotted the tags on this thread. Brilliant! :drinks

26. Isn't it Thursday? So am I, lets have cup of tea... etc.

"Three sisters, aged 81, 83 and 85, live together. One night the 85 year old draws a bath for herself. As she sticks her foot in, she pauses. She yells to her sisters downstairs, "Was I getting in or out of the bath?"

The 83 year old shouts back loudly, "I don't know. Let me come up there and see." She begins walking up the stairs, but then pauses . She yells to her sisters "Was I going up the stairs or down?"

The 81 year old is sitting in the living room, enjoying some tea. She listens to her sisters, shakes her head and mutters to herself, "I sure hope I never get that forgetful. Knock on wood." She then turns and shouts, "I'll come up there and help both of you as soon as I see who's knocking at the door.""

What was I saying?

27. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

You bloody kids have it coming to you too in time so dont THP**s ;)

It was a Typo I tell you A Typo :rolleyes:

Cheers
    D;)

28. Those newfangled "qwerty" keyboards... Still working on Sholes's (1878) version, Del?

Anyway, let's see how many uses for a golf club we can come up with, other than hitting a golf ball. Ian is going to have a bag full of them which he no longer uses to have a day away from his misses with, so it would be a shame to have invested all that money and not use them anymore. Perhaps he could use the drivers as Birmingham screwdrivers....:hammer:

I reckon you could spit roast something over the BBQ pretty well with a 9 iron....

Take the head off your sand wedge (again) and you could use it as a door-stop.

29. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Use a 60 degree lob wedge as a lateral forefoot post ????:D

Take the head off any club and use the shaft to aerate your lawn ?

Use the head cover to polish the car ( he wont be able to afford the car wash after this)....:empathy:
    Cheers
    D;)

30. when the Mrs decides Ian likes gardening - holding up new planted fruit tress

31. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Just for those that thought I couldnt remember my Anniversary:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Delivered this morning ( 30th) :D
    cheers
    D;)

32. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Photos from the day.

Attached Files:

33. Good job, Ian.

Three things to remember.

1. The wife is always right.

2. When you don't agree but don't want an argument, just use these words: "Yes dear."

3. There is nothing worse than living with an unhappy woman and nothing better than living with a happy one.

Many happy years!:drinks

34. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Please find attached an essential survival guide for 'the beginner husband/boyfriend/other.'

Attached Files:

35. This video should be more meaningful to Ian now.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  36. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

I wonder if the new Mrs Griffiths let him watch the US Masters as a honeymoon treat?

37. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Hope he never lost too much money if he bet on Mr Woods ( even with his barefoot golf shoes) which did him no good at all game wise :rolleyes:

Great last day, some amazing golf and I even stayed awake till the end :D
    Cheers
    D;)