Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Nail Surgery

Discussion in 'Foot Surgery' started by S Mc, Mar 30, 2011.

1. S Mc

S Mc Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello all

As a locum Podiatrist I don't get the chance, at present, to do nail surgery. I have four years experience in nail surgery from a previous job, and I don't want to lose the skills.

Therefore, I am enquiring if there are any private practitioners who would be interested in allowing me to perform ad hoc nail surgery proceedures in their surgeries. Not only would I be prepared to do it for free, but I'm also prepared to pay a reasonable fee per proceedure if necessary.

2. bob

bob Active Member

:confused:

I am unsure of your location, but why would you want to put such little value (or no value) on the skills you have acquired? Have you tried setting up some private practice before? My advice is to look into this and offer your training and experience in this procedure at a fee that you and your fellow professionals that have similar training and experience deserve. Your time will be spent better in setting up privately rather than coming on here offering to pay people to work for them.

Having said that, my car is quite dirty so I would appreciate it if you could wash it for me - I will only charge you £10 for doing it. :confused:

3. Aims

Aims Member

I'm not sure 100%, but I don't think the insurance companies, or patients would look to happily on a rouge Podiatrist doing 'free' operations. It would also involve the practice owner being able to trust your (unseen) ability with their business name and clientele health.
    I'm sure within your friendship group you could find an involusion somewhere.

As for washing cars don't be suckered in..................I'll let you do it for $5 AUD

4. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Can I suggest that a better route to achieving your purpose would be to join the local branch of your professional body, network and ask to attend clinical days when colleagues are carrying out nail surgery and assist. As they and their patients get to know you, they may well warm to the idea of your carrying out one or two. The only other option is to travel, as so many of us had to do.

I think that most members of a profession would regard the idea of your paying for practising on their patients as "quaint".

Good luck

Bill Liggins

5. S Mc

S Mc Member

Thank you Bob for your advice and concern, much appreciated. HOWEVER, MY LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE IS NOT SO LOW THAT I WOULD BE PREPARED TO WASH YOUR CAR AND PAY FOR THE DISHONOUR AT THE SAME TIME. I do hope that comment was said in jest.

6. S Mc

S Mc Member

Many thans for your advice, you've raised a good point, but I think I'll regard your car wash offer as a joke.

7. Little Sesamoid

Little Sesamoid Active Member

Hi S Mc,

what is your location please???

cheers,
    ls

8. S Mc

S Mc Member

Hi Little Sesamoid

I'm mostly located around the midlands. Sorry for the delay.