Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Footwear: Coping with oedema

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by Cameron, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Netizens

I am preparing educational materials for people coping with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and others, with chronic heart failure. Self treatment is often contra-indicated due to potential hazards with bending etc and I have decide to concentrate on footwear and coping with volume change over the day. I am keen to use existing resources and will incorporate mild exercise and falls prevention advice. I would be very grateful for any help in developing a useful resource in an area which has remarkably little at present. Have you experiences with footwear and oedema?

Much appreciated in anticipation.

Cameron

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    The estemed Chris Wheeler wrote a chapter in the Australian book "The Lymphoedema Handbook" (Professor Neil Piller and Maree O'Connor; Hill of Content; ISBN: 0855723270; 2002) for people with lyphoedema (but I also found it helpful) -it may be of help. I have a copy but as I am not in the country, let alone my office, I can't recall exactly what Chris had to say.

3. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

Many thanks Craog and will follow this up. Hope you are having a fab time?

Cameron

4. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Its 2.00AM in Nashville and I can no sleep :eek: .... have to get up at 4.00AM to get to airport :eek: .... C & W Hall of Fame was kool and visited with Ed Glasor who has just got some controversy going in this thread.