Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

The myths of foot orthoses… A guest article by Ian Griffiths

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by Craig Payne, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

3. Griff

Griff Moderator

Cheers Craig.

Nothing new to most on here I'm sure, (and oversimplified by virtue of being a blog) but when writing on a platform which has over 6000 subscribers (mostly Physios) just saw it as an opportunity to spread the word. Simon heavily referred to naturally.

4. Lab Guy

Lab Guy Well-Known Member

Very nice Ian!

Steven

5. PostMortem

PostMortem Active Member

Just read your blog Ian, a superb summary of years worth of PA threads/discussions. Since attending Craig's Biomechanics Boot Camp my life as a pod has become more complex and I have a lot more headaches than I used to :dizzy: but this is only because I am starting to understand a subject that we are supposed to be experts in! It's only taken 20 years but I guess that's why we are still practicing :D.

Keep up the good work and a big thank you from me for the many words of wisdom put forward on PA.

6. Ian:

I believe this is some of your finest writing yet and is great overview of the myths and truths of foot orthosis therapy and research.

By the way, I left a few small notes in response to your blog. I hope you have the time to respond to them.

Great job, Ian. Keep up the good work!!:drinks

7. Griff,

Nice work with the bog :drinks. I'm currently in Spain and giving my series of lectures on how foot orthoses work which have been well received here. It's been a busy few days, first in Madrid, then Valencia, now back to Madrid to do some more with the addition of some "myth busting" today and tomorrow.

I guess it's time I sat down and wrote my paper on how foot orthoses work. :drinks

Lots of our colleagues here are looking forward to the "dream team" coming to Zaragoza in 2014.

8. Griff

Griff Moderator

Thanks Kevin. Busy day ahead but will try and take a look at your comments and respond (if I can!)

Yes!

9. blinda

blinda MVP

Great article, Ian :drinks

I`ll be recommending this read to more than a few physios/pods in these parts.

Cheers,
    Bx

10. Ditto all the comments above, Ian. Well written and presented - should be required reading for all the professions.

11. The comments at the end of Ian's blog on The Myths of Foot Orthoses from Simon Spooner, Simon Bartold and Trevor Prior are well worth reading for those who might be interested.

12. CraigT

CraigT Well-Known Member

Agree 100%!
    Griff- Nice work getting this out to the masses.

13. Agreed was about to post to see if Ian can get them copied to here so they do not get lost and maybe we can get a bit of discussion going

ps nice piece Ian great work ,

1. wish I could express myself as well written 2 I wish there was some others speaking the same tongues in mechanics over my way

14. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    Here is another gem by Ian:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  15. Griff

Griff Moderator

Thanks for highlighting this here Craig. Really pleased with how many views it has had in the first 2 days of its life. Not everyone rates it or giving positive feedback but that's the nature of this beast I guess!

Griff.