Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Open Letter from APodC to Podiatrists

Discussion in 'Australia' started by NewsBot, Oct 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
  2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

The latest:

3. What is this over? A splitting is a massive step back for Podiatry growth

4. onycho

onycho Member

As a WA Podiatrist, I am extremely concerned about the actions of Podiatry WA and wonder if they have thought through the ramifications of their decision. We need unity now more than ever and I can only see this having a detrimental effect on us all, but especially WA pods. Would love to hear more from Podiatry WA explaining this action to us all.

5. Blind Freddy

Blind Freddy Welcome New Poster

Hmm I have to wonder what APodC are worried about because they are posting so much in so many places.

In the words of Shakespeare 'methinks the lady doth protest too much'

Could they, APodC, be worried that they are no longer a National organisation and that finally the Emperor has really been shown to have no clothes?

6. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Just to clarify, neither of the two posts above under the username Newsbot and Admin2 were initiated by APodC. We came across the information via one of the many alerts systems we use to locate content that may be useful to Podiatry Arena members and was posted when we found it. APodC did not send it to us.

Having said that we are happy to have statements from APodC and the WA Association if they want to send us anything about any topic! If it is of interest to Podiatry Arena members, it will be posted.

7. onycho

onycho Member

Most WA Pods did not see this coming and have been kept in the dark on this issue. I for one have had no official correspondence from the WA Association regarding this decision. I only became aware after the APodC sent me an email. Personally, I welcome the APodC "posting in so many places" because I am certainly not being kept informed by my State Association.

8. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

Thats not what the Association website states:

http://podiatrywesternaustralia.wildapricot.org/news/3147941

"12 Nov 2014 10:17

On the 7th of November Podiatry WA gave notice to resign form it's APODC membership. Letters explaining the resignation have been emailed to all members.

Podiatry WA is currently compiling information to answer the FAQs that we have been asked. This information will be posted in the members area of the website."

9. Blind Freddy

Blind Freddy Welcome New Poster

Hey Onycho

Are you even a member of Podiatry WA? I'm a member and I got the letter.

10. Sorry to quote myself and maybe the Swedish flag is a little mis-information , but I was a Aust reg pod for 15 years, but not now, so if someone could help

what is the ground issue of this ?

11. onycho

onycho Member

Hi Mike
    I wish I could help you. The only information out there seems to be coming from the APodC who will be holding a meeting in Perth next week. As I didn't receive any notification about this issue from Podiatry WA, maybe Blind Freddy can shed some light on what is going on?

12. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    From APodC's Facebook page:

13. Tuckersm

Tuckersm Well-Known Member

Hi Mike,

It appears to be about Money, and or Value for money from a Podiatry WA perspective.
    It has happened in the past that a state either has or has threatened to leave the APodC.
    NSW were not part of the APodC from the late 80s to early 90s, NZ were part of APodC for a few years, and other states have had their differences over time.

14. marjfra

marjfra Member

My take on all this is that the APodC, having lost NZ a few years ago, now WA, are very worried that some of the other states may follow.....

15. APodC

APodC Active Member

Hi all,

We’re not looking to get ourselves into every discussion about what is a complicated and still very new situation, we wanted to provide those who are interested and asking with the following link, which we initially sent out to WA members - http://www.apodc.com.au/index.php/apodc-busts-myths-about-the-podiatry-wa-resignation/

Hopefully this helps to answer some questions while we work through the issue, with the full support of the other member associations; otherwise, our office staff will do their best to assist and they can be reached on (03) 9416 3111 or via apodc@apodc.com.au.

Cheers,
    Damian.