Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

A new running shoe aimed to prevent lesions and improve training management

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by NewsBot, Oct 30, 2012.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Press Release:
    A new running shoe aimed to prevent lesions and improve training management

2. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
  3. My prediction?.....this shoe will cost a lot, will not prevent injury and will be....just like the Adidas 1...a huge failure.:butcher::cool:

4. Twooms

Twooms Member

Fully agree Kevin, it may have some success at measuring risk factors for running injuries but attempting to make a shoe that helps to negate those risks would be far too complicated. There will never be one shoe that will help everyone reduce injury. It would be interesting as a more advanced version of the Adidas MiCoach and the Nike Fuel belt but I would imagine those companies would be working on such devices already anyway.

5. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

I bet it won't be minimilist:D.

6. Andrew Ayres

Andrew Ayres Active Member

7. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

I hope they didn't spend much on the website. I found a typo three lines in:D.

8. toomoon

toomoon Well-Known Member

the thing is.. the shoe may be able to download real time biomechanical feedback to reduce injury risk and enhance motivation.. but how the hell is it gonna do this? The athlete will still have to change something.. and as we all know.. not every athlete can do this.. in fact, for the vast majority, change is difficult, because learned motor patterns are relatively hard wired..