Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Magnetic insoles for foot pain

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by admin, Sep 25, 2005.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    When will people get it --- they don't work!!!

First there was this study in the Journal of the American Medical Association:
    and now we have this new one from the Mayo Clinic Proceedings:
    but there may be some limted benefit for in painful diabetic neuropathy:

2. Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member

Magnetic Insoles

For what is worth, I have seen magnetic insoles work once. I had a patient that had a history of breast cancer, and she said it was worse laying down. She told me that the insoles helped her, while my orthotics didn't. :confused:
    I remembered thatworse laying down is a sign of lymphatic dysfunction in applied kinesiology, so I muscle tested laying down and all the muscles failed. This is the test for lymphatic dysfunction. When I lightly taped the magnetic insoles to the bottom of the feet the muscles did not fail.
    So in this one instance the magnetic insoles helped and there appeared a reason for it to help.

3. John Spina

John Spina Active Member

Magnetic insoles probably do not help,however do not discount a possible placebo effect that they can have.These are thought to work according to the principles similiar to accupuncture....however,accupuncture actually does work.

4. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    This patent has just been granted:
    Hygienical shoes with mobile magnet piece
    Link to patent

5. Crystal tips

Crystal tips Member

6. DaVinci

DaVinci Well-Known Member

Someone in the NHS needs to be shot for using that product.

7. Hoppo

Hoppo Member

Re: Magnetic Insoles

I have used them on a very elderly patient with chronic ulceration, on his left hallux. he had this ulcer on and off for over 2 years and when i was nagged long enough i placed them in his slippers which he wore all the time. he felt so good with his insoles he wore them to bed on cold nights? to my surprise the ulcer went and did not return. So they must of dragged enough circluation down to allow healing or something? so as a last resort i keep them as a last resort tx option - for PVD patients only?