Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Help needed

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by ukpodstudent, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ukpodstudent

ukpodstudent Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all

I'm writing a presentation for an exam - im a 2nd year student. Basically its a case study about Morton's neuroma but I need to relate the condition to one of the foot function paradigm's ie. Root, Dananberg or Kirkby.
    I can't find anything on the net that connects MN to any of the theories. My thinking is that if an excessively pronated foot type can contribute to MN then does that not tie into Root's definitions of the various foot types? Or does impingement of the nerve due to improper footwear or biomechanics not tie into tissue stress theory??
    If anyone can shed some light for me I would much appreciate it, references etc would be excellent.

Many thanks in advance

2. Its Kirby, not kirkby. If you're going to ask someone for help, best you get the name of they guy you're asking right.

Tissue stress is by far your best bet for this. Other than that, one cannot really link a paradigm / author to a condition in this way. To use your example, no one of those can "claim" the pronated foot (whatever that is).

I suspect that MN is caused by impingement of the IM nerve. What forces can cause this? What patterns of movement cause these forces to increase?
    Excellent for your grade. Not so good for your education. An assignment is the means to an end, not the end in itself.

3. ukpodstudent

ukpodstudent Member

Thank you for your response, apologies for the spelling mistake. I wrote the post just before I went to bed so I was tired but still....