Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Recyclable Barefoot Running Shoe

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by Silvester, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Silvester

Silvester Member

2. Griff

Griff Moderator

Fail.

3. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

who gives a ---- mega boring save the planet give us abreak

4. Looks like he stole the sole-design idea from the Nike Free.

Why spend nearly $100.00 on a pair of "minimalist shoes" when you can go to Target or Walmart and get a bedroom slipper for less than $15.00 that weighs less and is just as thin-soled? I remember reading about someone wearing bedroom slippers in a marathon from an article in Runner's World back in the 1970s. Old ideas......the only difference now is that there are many more gullible runners that will believe anything that sounds new and cool to them.......:cool:

5. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

Very witty:D.

6. Yep that sole looks very much like a Nike free, yep there is an oxymoron here. But to me the interesting bit is the lack of adhesive used to construct it and the modular design.

7. efuller

efuller MVP

Some of your patients might care, if they knew that was your view of the world. Your descendents might care.

A modular shoe would be very interesting if you could change the amount of cushioning in the midsole.

Eric

8. fishpod

still boring go to walmart buy cheap trainers none of these expensive shoes make us run faster . its like golf drivers every new one says hit it 20 yards further well by now i should be hitting it 620 yrds no prob. some cheek a yank telling us to save the plannet at 9 dollars for agallon of gas i think us brits are doing are bit what abouy u guys who consume 1/4 of all the words energy bugger the shoes stop buying pick up trucks.

9. I find it very sad when someone from England shows no respect for the English language. At least Sicknote could write!:butcher::bang::hammer:

10. fishpod

sorry about the grammar etc kevin . but my point is valid what is the use going on about eco friendly shoes and orthotics when libya sells petrol for a cent a gallon and my us cousins have a huge throw away society. even your so called poor rednecks run about in vehicles capable of doing 8 miles to the gallon. us poor brits could not run a chevy surburban even if you gave them to us free.hope you get my jist.

11. efuller

efuller MVP

I can forgive mangled grammer, but I cannot forgive mangled logic. The only thing that I'm sure about from your posts is that you find the discussion boring, yet you seem to be saying there is a problem. Are you saying that we should ignore the problem because it's boring? Now, that is mangled logic.

Eric

12. I'm sorry, the combination of run-on sentences, mispellings, lack of proper punctuation, lack of proper capitalization along with a general lack of logic, tells me this anonymous person, Fishpod, can't carry on an intelligent conversation.

If someone wants me to take time for me to respond to them on Podiatry Arena, then they need to give me their real name, make their best attempt at asking the question with the best English they have at their disposal, and maybe I will accommodate their request. From now on, as far as I'm concerned, life is too short to waste my precious time with such people.:butcher::craig::boxing:

13. efuller

efuller MVP

The reason that I can forgive poor English is that I'm not perfect in that department. Hopefully, most of the time people can understand what my intended point is. Although, I'll certainly concede the point that there is probably a high correlation with mangled English and illogical thought.

Eric

14. fishpod

i am suggesting that we will not solve the energy crisis worrying about eco orthosis and running shoes . and life is to short to worry about these things most poeple just worry about how they are going to pay their bills at the end of the week or thier medical bills if in the us.