Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Name a hairy dog...

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Simon Spooner, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    All,

This is the latest addition to the Spooner family, she's an eight week old labradoodle; we bring her into our home when we get back from Florida.

Alison, Grace and I have differing ideas on a suitable name (I wanted to go with Dave). All suggestions gratefully received. Nothing podiatry related PLEASE.

Attached Files:

2. Griff

Griff Moderator

Pavlov

3. Alison says: she's not a pudding; I say, he was a bloke.

4. Griff

Griff Moderator

Yeah, but a little part of you likes it cos it's educational...?

5. although this would fit better for Spooner - Socrates

6. She's a girl..... although I like the idea of a philosopher (cause it educational, K Griff), yet I also like the name "Keith".

7. Medusa as my idea since it a she with curly hair

8. Come on guys, it's me that's going to have to shout this in the park every day. Hence I've already rejected "snow toes". I know I said not podiatry related but maybe, Kirby? ;-)

9. Molly

10. Griff

Griff Moderator

You calling across a busy park in Plymouth... Well in that case I vote for 'Precious'

11. That's not bad and is being placed on the potential list. Alison quite likes Polly too, but she ain't a parrot- right?

12. David Wedemeyer

David Wedemeyer Well-Known Member

Cute pup Simon! Being a black dog & female, how about Ash (ley)?

13. I just proposed "Griff", but my good lady rejected that one outright. Sorry fella.

14. Griff

Griff Moderator

Outrageous.

15. Now the Mrs is getting more forceful. I quote: "come on these people are supposed to be intelligent, they're just dicking around". She called it how she saw it, boys.

16. Yeah, I'd suggested "Nigger" in honour of Guy Gibson's dog earlier in the evening. I don't know why, but we all felt a little uncomfortable with that one.

17. Griff

Griff Moderator

We've been caught and bowled... 'Dicking around since 2004...'

Ok, some serious suggestions:

Flo
    Boo
    Mags
    Penny
    Rosie

18. And the Mrs says: "next..."

19. Griff

Griff Moderator

Jeez... tough crowd...

20. You should try living with 'em ;)

21. David Wedemeyer

David Wedemeyer Well-Known Member

:eek:

In the end most female dogs earn the name Floozy, tart, love biscuit etc anyway....

22. Griff

Griff Moderator

My last crack at impressing Alison:

Tiny
    Midge
    Curly
    Spotless
    Jordan

23. "Don't give up your day job". Take it up with her yourself the next time we're all together, Griff (I would :bash:). Favourite at the moment is a derivative of Mikes "Molly" suggestion, it's "Holly" I quite like it since I was a big fan of early red dwarf.

24. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Decorum..........so that you can exercise it sometimes

25. Griff

Griff Moderator

I'm also a fan.

Kryton and Lister obviously wouldn't work.

However surely a hilarious option would be 'Cat'

26. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Apparently Robin is a pretty good name, and unisex too ;)

27. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Bob *said with the Rowan atkinson speech impediment*

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  28. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

My pathetic input (although looking at other contenders mine may not seem so poor).

Noodles
    Brodie
    Delilah

Or you could spend a few weeks checking out this site

PS. She is beautiful x

29. Robin and Griff your latest posts raised a smile with she who must be...She obviously warming to you (she's just had a glass of red though, so that might account for it).

Thus far she likes Holly and Kirby, how do we feel about Kirby?

30. That's what I call my daughter.

Cheers though Twirls...

Hang on a minute.... what about Twirly?

31. Griff

Griff Moderator

Keep that vino flowing son - I get funny after midnight

32. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Apparently Kirby is a little bit traditional......so they say anyway

33. Griff

Griff Moderator

Good point.

Kirby, the angry Labradoodle?

34. Good shout's both of you. Raised a smile on my face anyway.

35. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Orthosie - the Greek godess of prosperity

36. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

<Flattered> I think you would become tired of realising she will rarely listen & have a tendency toward childish behaviour. She also may have difficulties with being house trained! ;) Not weeing in the wrong place you'll understand, just unlikely to be great at dusting or putting her toys away. :empathy:

Not good with a collar & lead either........:rolleyes:

37. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

This is my only serious suggestion, and my last so here goes

VESPA

38. I would hate to see the poor dog be burdened with a traditional name such as "Kirby".

This beautiful puppy looks like a "Maggie" to me.

39. Kirby a name used in Film as well - Kirby gets lost maybe not show this to the wife as Kirby maybe off the list.

A music idea - a whole lot of Rosie Rosie and a cool story to tell the young pup when your hanging out - Dad how did I get my name - well your named after a 6 foot red head Tasmania women and man wrote a song about it.

Or - A boy named Sue Sue - Dad how did I get my name well your named after a boy Johnny Cash wrote a song about.

Which brings me to another idea - Cash

Ps could not sleep last night can you tell.

40. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

ZuZu (Its a wonderful life)