Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

New podiatry student saying Hello :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by loislane1987, Sep 26, 2014.

1. loislane1987

loislane1987 Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi everyone,

my name is Lois, ive just started my 1st year studying Podiatry at Salford University. Im looking forward to the degree, im well aware its going to be tough, but because im passionate about it im sure ill get there in the end! Anyone with any helpful tips would be greatly received. Thanks guys :)

2. funguslaser

funguslaser Welcome New Poster

Hello fellow podiatrists!

3. LeonW

LeonW Active Member

Because you want to pass the course i would suggest the following guidance :)
    1. Find out what if required of you to pass each unit.
    2. After each lecture find out what from the lecture is on the exam.
    3.If you dont understand any material at any time then make an appointment with the lecturer for them to explain it to u.
    4.Pass the requirements and stay in touch with the lecturers to be aware what u need to do to pass.

4. DJMalone

DJMalone Member

The sooner you learn your anatomy, the easier it is..
    Simply just lock your self in the library for a day and just draw and label.
    It'll help you so much, Pod theory is relatively easy but if you can learn what muscle does what and what the surrounding structures are such as; Bones, Muscles, Nerves, Ligaments, Capsules and the list goes on.

Simple links:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/peripheralarterialdisease/Pages/Introduction.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_venous_insufficiency

Pretty much all your older patients will present with some of that..
    Be good to read up on it so you can see why things manifest in the legs

Any questions.. message me.

Regards,
    Danny

--Merry Christmas--