Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

paramedic to podiatrist

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Snorky, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Snorky

Snorky Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all,

I'm a 2nd year student in the first cohort of the new podiatry course at Southern Cross Uni on the southern Gold Coast, Australia. It's very, very enjoyable. I've been a Paramedic on the Gold Coast for the past 15 years and see Podiatry as a decent progression from the shift work and nonsense that I see in my current job.

I hope to start up a private practice/business of my own within a few years of graduation (after I get a bit of experience), but whether this is on the Gold or Tweed Coast, nearby or somewhere else in Oz only time will tell. Hopefully, I can pick up some great tips from this forum along the way.

All the best.

2. Rob Kidd

Rob Kidd Well-Known Member

Oddly, my experience is with the kids going the other way - pod grads becoming ambo's

3. Snorky

Ah well, not so much a kid anymore I spose...

They are more than welcome to it. After a few years driving around in a meat wagon most seem to start looking for a Plan B. So it's the quiet life of bunions and corns for me from now on, and I'm looking forward to it.

4. Rob Kidd

Rob Kidd Well-Known Member

And good luck to you. I taught pod students for 20 years, and their anatomy for many after that. Rob

5. Snorky

Thanks Rob, catch you around the boards.