Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Foot and Lower Extremity Biomechanics: A Ten Year Collection of Precision Intricast Newsletters. R

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by Kevin Kirby, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Colleagues:

After about a year of being out of print, my first book, Kirby KA: Foot and Lower Extremity Biomechanics: A Ten Year Collection of Precision Intricast Newsletters, has now been sent to the printer for reprinting. Precision Intricast is now taking orders for the books and should have them available for shipment within 2-3 weeks. You may order them from the Precision Intricast website.

Here is the Chronology of Newsletters from this first Precision Intricast Newsletter Book.

Here is one of my favorite newsletters from that book, written in February 1992 (almost 19 years ago), on "Thinking Like an Engineer" which reflects some of my early ideas on what is now called "Tissue Stress Theory".

2. supergpops

supergpops Member

Thats great news

I have been hoping to get this since I finished reading the 2nd two books but didn't think I would ever get a copy.

Many thanks for writing these books they have helped my practice a great deal.

Graham

3. MR NAKE

MR NAKE Active Member

Dear Kevin

thank you very much for such an exceptional piece of quality work, i do appreciate it a whole lot and indeed it has also helped me in my clinical practice a whole lot more.

Having read the above thread i do share the same sentiments a great deal, maybe the next way in the future, technology and ethics permiting, would be to try simullation with computer generated human models and then we apply these suppository forces (within bones, joints muscles and ligaments) guided by the diagnostic tools you have mentioned above(force plate values, electromyography values and etc), and then hopefully try it on consenting live human beings and see if we could learn more and find answers to our quests.

Engineers will have to share some of their secrets with us as well, but presently we are the gifted ones for we use our brains and the knowledge and technology to diagnose and treat most of the Biomechanical lower limbs pains and its related upper structures, just as good as the engineers do with their static/not so static models.

Above all i will be purchasing my copy so as to contribute to the future generation of the South African up and coming Podiatrist!!!!!.Thanks a lot for the Brilliant work you are doing its ICONIC.:drinks:drinks:drinks

4. Many thanks for your kind comments.:drinks

5. Jenene Lovell

Jenene Lovell Active Member

I must admit I have not read any of the Newsletters that you have listed (and I do feel a little ashamed, since one of my previous lecturers had nothing but nice things to say about you view points)...

So, I guess I would like to get to know your work a little better and understand exactly why you are one of the best in regards to foot biomechanics.

May I ask how much it is? I'm thinking I may just have to buy one... Do you have any other work that you have published as well???

6. Jenene:

The new price for the first book is $50.00 (US) plus shipping (it was previously $55.00). My second and third books are also available for purchase for the same price. All three books can be purchased together for $135.00 at www.dpmlab.com.

Thanks for the kind comments.

7. warmaster900

warmaster900 Member

Kevin I really want to meet you one day just to shake your hand (and get my copies signed :p), these books are awesome! Re-kindled my interest in POD!
    Kind regards,
    WAussie pod student

8. Thanks for the kind comments. I will be happy to autograph your copy of my book for you. I don't have any scheduled lectures in Australia coming up but will be lecturing in California and England next month, in Florida and California in September and October and in Belgium early next year. Maybe I'll see you then?:drinks

9. Podminded

Podminded Member

Hi Kevin,
    I am really interested to purchase your books to further/re-enforce my biomechanical knowledge BUT NON OF THE LINKS ARE WORKING :(
    are the books no longer in printing?
    also im a bit confused about the books, I have found "Foot and Lower Extremity Biomechanics: A Ten Year Collection of Precision Intricast Newsletters" ... is that all three books put into one? or are there 2 earlier ones that i havent been able to find?

thanks Podminded

10. Griff

Griff Moderator

Links don't work as it is a 4 year old thread and Precision Intricast have since updated their website.

Google is your friend. https://precisionintricast.com/shop-now.cfm