Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

If this doesnt make you sit up

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by esky365, Feb 25, 2011.

1. esky365

esky365 Active Member

2. LondonPod

LondonPod Active Member

Where in the world was that?

3. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

El Camino del Rey = The Walkway of the King, is in Southern Spain in the province of Andalucia. The nearest large town is Malaga.
    It's a favourite of climbers - apparently - and was built about 1905 but has never been repaired, as you can see. There is a 700 foot drop down to the river ...

I need a strong G & T after looking at that !:eek:

CF

4. LondonPod

LondonPod Active Member

Thanks for the details CF. Think I might go there in the summer :)

5. drsarbes

drsarbes Well-Known Member

Scariest path!

I admit it is rather scary...but the WORLDS SCARIEST PATH is the path to my ex wife's house!

Steve

6. CHFels

CHFels Welcome New Poster

I want some of whatever the cameraman was on. :santa2:
    CHFels

7. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

It's scary but not quite as scary as portrayed. There is a safety line running along the side of the mountain that climbers can hook themselves onto as they walk along.

I still wouldn't want to attempt it, even for the spectacular views!

CF

8. DAVOhorn

DAVOhorn Well-Known Member

Hi all,

In Katoomba NSW about 3 hours from Sydney is the Megalong Valley.

It is easy to find.

Walk down the main street of katoomba towards Echo Point.

Stop and look down all 1100 feet to the bottom. Now if you are foolish/foolhardy enough you can walk down the cliff all the way to the bottom. Over 1000 steps. Just remember you then gotta climb back up.

A friend did this and said it was an enjoyable day out:bash:

I walked to the Three Sisters and enjoyed the view, then went to the Scenic railway and the fenicular and the Scenic Skyway. Then i went for a cup of tea and a sticky bun. The photgraphs i took are loverly. The train is fun as it is almost vertical and many scream on the way down. The Skyway is also fun as it has a frosted glass floor that becomes clear half way across. This also causes some to scream. This is a good $40.00.

regards david:drinks

9. lucycool

lucycool Active Member

Very scary.. but very very annoying music!!! Not sure what was worse!!