Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

HPC Fees......

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LCBL, Nov 8, 2006.

1. LCBL

LCBL Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    They're looking for a bloody increase now.......anyone else get the proposal?

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Hpc

HPC launches fees consultation

3. jack golding

jack golding Active Member

Like all quangos the HPC is a self-perpetuating money spinner dedicated in the service of keeping its Chief Executive and staff in a manner in which they think they should be entitled. I can tell you, and you can check this out, as a podiatric surgeon insurance fees for surgery have not been upgraded since 1993. We are not in a position to demand increases - we just have to work harder and cut our cloth. I would suggest the HPC does the same. One way you could do this is to stop some of the silly prosecutions of registrants who in the real world should be disciplined by their Health Authority. I suppose it has never occurred to the HPC that they are just being used and registrants' money is paying for the privilege. I can tell you that the mood generally in my profession is that we want out! And hiking the fees will make no-one conciliatory towards this organisation which is failing abysmally as far as podiatry is concerned to either help the profession or to carry out its core responsibility of protecting the public. This was e-mailed to the HPC and I would suggest that we shout loudly as a profession at any idea of paying more to this useless organisation.

Jack R Golding

4. Good luck Jack. I e-mailed the HPC over a different matter and didn't even get an acknowledgement of it's receipt let alone a reply.