Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Avulsion Fracture of Cuboid or Os Peroneum

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by Dannyjb, May 24, 2015.

1. Dannyjb

Dannyjb Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi All,

I was hoping to get some help and advice regarding my own foot. I am a Pod in the UK and have had serious lateral foot pain for around 10 years. The original injury occurred doing athletics and since then I have been unable to sprint or generally run without pain. I have seen a Pod surgeon and also and ortho surgeon and the decision was made that they weren't sure what was wrong so exploratory surgery performed by the Ortho surgeon was the best option....I declined this and just limited my sporting activities and avoided anything that would aggravate my foot.

The description of cuboid syndrome is often spot on to my symptoms but orthotics don't help, every foot and ankle brace available in the UK has been tried (I worked for a medical supply company so I have tried!), strapping doesn't help.....in all honesty I am at a loss.

I had an X-ray a around 5-6 years ago and they thought I might have an Os Perineum but personally I think it could be an avulsion fracture? Please see the attached picture....and yes it is my foot and not Frodo Baggins - as many of my colleagues think!

I am now thinking that surgery is my only option as I have 2 young children and I am unable to run around the garden with them. Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thank you,

Dan

Attached Files:

2. efuller

efuller MVP

Not enough information. What do you think cuboid syndrome should feel like? Point of maxi tenderness? Peroneal muscle testing? Pain with range of motion of any joint? etc....