Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Ugg boots

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by beverley c, Mar 8, 2015.

< P Barnett | Hi >
  1. beverley c

beverley c Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi, I an quite new to this, I was wondering what todays opinion of ugg boots are?

2. louisloy

louisloy Member

They are expensive. Could you specify your question? =P

3. beverley c

I know a 9 year old girl who has just persuaded her mum to let her have some and I just wanted a second opinion on their suitability. I told them that they are totally unsuitable!

4. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Hi Beverley and congrat's on posting. Ugg Boots are made locally here in Victoria. There are shops that only stock ugg boots! Very fancy & pretty things.
    I recommended one of my 80+ year old clients to wear them. The question is what was she doing in them. Collecting firewood from outside, knocking the legs had caused ulceration's. The ugg boots did not cause any pressure areas and protected the legs well. No more ulcers (actually this was for my gran 35 years ago)). They can be great for chilblains too. If the 9 year old wants a "pretty" boot for looking "pretty" in, then that is likely OK. If she is wearing them and wants to be active, like any slipon footwear with little support, it would not be recommended.
    Hope this helps
    Kind regards

5. beverley c

Thanks Heather, your reply was very interesting. I have many elderly clients in my business as a Podiatrist and you have given me a completly new outlook on the use of ugg boots!

6. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Fantastic! Glad to be of interest :)

Cheers

< P Barnett | Hi >