Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Kalos sas Vrika (Glad to find you in greek) -- Warm hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Katerina13, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Katerina13

Katerina13 Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Warm hellos to all.
    I am a current podiatry student at Queensland University of Technology in Australia Brisbane and am soon starting my second year with clinics coming up in the second semester.

I wish to all the best in their life and hope to have a wonderful time talking to all and learning something new everyday.

Have a great time !!!

Filia - Kisses!!

2. DenosV

DenosV Member

Hello Kathrine! :)

3. Katerina13

Katerina13 Welcome New Poster

Geia sou Deno

4. Rina

Rina Welcome New Poster

Glad to find all of you! Geia sas paidia!!!

My name is Eirini, I am a student at Salford University (part time, I have kids, so...) and I am graduating this year :dizzy: I have been living here for the last 12 years and have no idea what the profession is like in Greece, but I am happy to hear it's doing so well in Crete! I need some encouragement, I want to go back to Greece, this is why I am doing this course - I am hoping to open a place (my husband is Armenian and probably would not find a job so he would do well to look after the kids so I can work, i.e. reverse our roles). We would probably go to Athens (cause that's the epicentre and I need the kids to have easy access to things - even UK if they want to come back). What are you thinking? Is it worth the risk? Can you see a future in Greece with Podiatry (I mean they don't even recognise the terminology, we are ποδολογοι, podologists - as if we were the feet-philosophers not the... healers, or dare I say, doctors!!!).

So a big hello to everybody in the Arena - it's nice to find some Greek podiatrists. Good luck to all of you! Και πολλα Ελληνικα φιλακια, ματς-μουτς!

5. podigiatro17

podigiatro17 Welcome New Poster

I realize this thread is a bit old, but was hoping for a response. I am actually an American who married into a Greek family. My husband has his Greek citizenship and his family lives in Greece. I am a US-trained podiatrist and was hoping to obtain some information on the practice of podiatry in Greece. I would love to practice in Crete, but I realize Athens may be more realistic.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Jamie

6. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

This thread is such a great example of the how Podiatry Arena brings our profession together from all areas of the world. Welcome all and good luck with your plans.

Cheers