Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Footwear for Rheumatoid Arthritis patient

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ianb, Nov 27, 2014.

1. ianb

ianb Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi,
    Firstly I have burst my cherry regarding posting a thread. :D I am looking for some advice more than anything.

I have a female client with RA who has particularly small sized feet; Approx size 1 uk. I am having trouble finding any appropriate footwear for her even in childrens' size and styles. She currently wears DB shoes but they are too large (size 3) and hence she has difficulty walking as a consequence. She should have made to measure footwear, but with waiting times etc etc I'm looking for a temporary solution.?? Has anyone had any similar issues, or does anyone have any suggestions??

:craig:

2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

3. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

"...I am having trouble finding any appropriate footwear for her even in childrens' size and styles.."

Are you saying the styles are inappropriate or the fit?

Maybe look at a Mary jane in the school shoe section and have your local Pedorthist modify it at the MPJ's for the width and add a rocker sole?

4. ianb

ianb Member

The styles are pretty inappropriate, but the client has an appointment come through earlier than expected which is good news. Thanks for information.