Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Pod/lab tech in christchurch

Discussion in 'Employment in New Zealand' started by Mark Dave Smith, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Mark Dave Smith

Mark Dave Smith Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all,
    I'm a UK degree educated pod with 7 years private experience looking to find useful employment in Christchurch NZ. I currently produce my own custom orthotics and enjoy this practical side of the profession. My wife is also a BSc pod and will be coming over as well.

Having found it impossible to sell our thriving business over here due to recession, we have taken the painful decison to close the business and start a new life in NZ.

We are in the middle of the visa application and will be moving over in November 2010. We have family in the Huntsbury area of the city already and are looking forward to making the move.

We are not looking to buy another business, but seek employment even if its on a temporary basis.

Thanks,

Mark.

2. For what its worth, Mark was a student of mine, and of all the students I have taught over the years, Mark demonstrated skill's in the orthotic lab that were up there among the best. One of the few people I know who I would allow to make devices with me.