Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Podiatry forensic expert at risk of being struck off

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by NewsBot, Jul 25, 2016.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    This HCPC hearing is set down for a week in August:

2. NewsBot

Articles:
    Thanks to Antony Wilkinson who pointed this out on Facebook:
    Killer caught over way he walks loses court appeal
    Maybe part of the defendants legal strategy was to complain to the HCPC

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  3. William Fowler

William Fowler Active Member

oh dear indeed!

4. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

I smell skullduggery at work.

Any forensics guys want to comment?

5. davidh

Apologies - I mis-read the date of the hearing.
    No-one will want to comment at the moment. Hopefully all will go well, and there will be a comment or two after the hearing in August.

In view of the appeal being thrown out you have to wonder whether it is in the public interest to continue with a hearing?..

6. NewsBot

Articles:
    All information pertaining to the case has been removed from the HCPC website. Anyone know what that means?

7. davidh

One of two things - it's either in progress as we type. or been dropped.

I sincerely hope the latter.

8. Ros Kidd

Ros Kidd Active Member

Just as an aside David, when I gave evidence in court as an expert witness and my "side" won I am not aware that the "other lots" expert witness had any action taken against them.
    Regards
    Ros

9. AtomAnt

AtomAnt Active Member

This sure does reek of a legal strategy of the defendant to make a complaint to the HCPC of the expert witness.

10. davidh

Hi Ros,

Thanks for that.

It's all very strange, isn't it?

Regards,

David

11. davidh

As an update to this, I heard from a colleague a couple of weeks ago that the case had been thrown out.
    The Podiatrist Expert was exonerated. Good thing too.

However, we Experts (in Civil and Criminal Law) have to bear in mind that as well as no longer having automatic indemnity from prosecution for contempt of Court and other legal misdemeanours, we may now face being reported to the HCPC by the "other side".
    It's an additional factor to bear in mind when constructing an Experts fee scale.