Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Entry into French university

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wallrunner221, Jan 2, 2016.

1. wallrunner221

wallrunner221 Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone here knew some universities in France that teach the podiatry undergraduate degree?

Thank you in advance

2. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Hello to you!

I am unable to help you with this one!

Try posting in the general forum for a response?

Cheers

3. daisyboi

daisyboi Active Member

I could be wrong - it's happened before - but I don't think podiatry is taught at degree level in France and it tends to be through independent/private schools. I believe the biggest one is in Marseille. Not much help, sorry

4. chloe.m

chloe.m Member

Hi there !

I am a French podiatrist and I graduated in France. In fact there isn't any podiatry degree at the university in France but it is only in a private school (you still get a "diplome d'etat" which is equivalent to a bachelor). To be able to enroll you have to take an exam which takes place each year around april and depending on your rank you might be able to go through or not.

However, if you are already a podiatrist or if you are already studying you might be able to have a king of accreditation.

There is approximately 5 school in paris ( EFOM, ASSAS, LIEGE, INP ... ) and one in Lille, Rennes, Nantes, Bordeaux, Marseille etc ...

Feel free to contact me if you need extra help

Cheers,

Chloe

5. daisyboi

daisyboi Active Member

Hi Chloe

Can you tell me what the scope of practice is in France. For example, can you inject L.A. or steroid, is there any podiatric surgery etc

Thanks in advance

Dave