Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Computer-based pressure-measuring systems

Discussion in 'Biomechanics, Sports and Foot orthoses' started by monkey rob, Mar 13, 2006.

1. monkey rob

monkey rob Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello all.

I would be interested to know of people's ideas/experience using the various computerised plantar pressure measuring systems out there.

Particularly, I was wondering how useful might they be in showing the 'before and after' effects of orthoses for practitioner and patient alike.

Cheers

M.R.

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2006
  3. monkey rob

monkey rob Member

Thanks - that helps a lot.

4. footdoctor

footdoctor Active Member

mat verses inshoe

Rob,

Personally I use the T.O.G gait scan to assist in my clinical diagnosis.

Only problem is you cant have the patient stand on the mat with shoes as this may damage the sensors.

So before and after testing will not happen with this system.

I use a 3/d gait analysis system for this.

Try there site.www.simi.com

If you want true before and after results your better with a in-shoe pressure analysis system,pedar or F-scan.

There is a considerable difference in price tho.£6000 for pressure mat.£12-18000 for the inshoe gear.

Good luck.

scott

5. monkey rob

monkey rob Member

Thanks Scott - that's useful.
    Does anyone use the Winpod system?

Cherers

MR