Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

We Are All Confident Idiots

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Craig Payne, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Those who are familiar with the Dunning Kruger effect:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
    ...will appreciate this latest installment from Dunning:
    We Are All Confident Idiots

2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

3. BEN-HUR

BEN-HUR Well-Known Member

I can see the lecture now :rolleyes: ...

[​IMG]

I wish I was there to see how the following turned out :eek:...

[​IMG]

4. Griff

Griff Moderator

Saw this one from Ian Bremmer doing the rounds on Twitter this morning:

Attached Files:

5. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  6. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    From John Cleese:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2016
  7. Rob Kidd

Rob Kidd Well-Known Member

Or to put it the way I always said to my grad students when I asked them the question: "What is an expert"?

After they flounder and generally buggarised about with pompous answers, I use to say: "and expert is someone that knows that they don't know".

Typically, a PhD student will set of to find out a huge amount about a very small matter - more and more about less and less; thus logically ending up knowing everything about nothing.

Actually, most of us would state the opposite. We found out that we did not know, and ended up knowing less and less about more and more, until eventually we knew nothing about everything.

8. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    It used to be easy to tell who the expert was ... they were the ones from 'out of town' who walked around at conferences with a box of slides under their arms. Now they have USB sticks in their pockets, so they are harder to recognize!