Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Apligraf Treatment

Discussion in 'Diabetic Foot & Wound Management' started by Footwound, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Footwound

Footwound Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Please give me thoughts on Apligraf therapy for a Diabetic foot wound
    on the Plantar surface of the foot.

2. pjcaputo

pjcaputo Welcome New Poster

It works well in adequately vascularized patients on one condition...offload.

3. Footwound

Footwound Welcome New Poster

It is working well

Thank you for the advice, it is working very well ......

4. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

A review of a bi-layered living cell treatment (Apligraf) in the treatment of venous leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers.
    Zaulyanov L, Kirsner RS.
    Clin Interv Aging. 2007;2(1):93-8.

5. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    Apligraf in the Treatment of Neuropathic Diabetic Foot Ulcers.
    Edmonds M.
    Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2009 Feb 3. [Epub ahead of print]

6. Gibby

Gibby Active Member

I have used Apligraf and a similar product, Dermagraf, on slow-healing diabetic ulcers. I recommend them both, as long as the vascular status of the patient supports healing, and pressure to the wound can be temporarily eliminated.
    The problem we find is that the graft must be ordered carefully. It is made to order, and it is very expensive. Nearly all cases around our area are done in hospital surgery centers or outpatient surgery centers, because most practitioners cannot afford to buy the material, risking unforseen complications or cancellations.
    I have used Apligraf for other wounds, as well. These include venous stasis ulcers, burn injuries, and a case of sickle cell ulcers which was unresponsive to HBO, traditional wound care, etc.
    How is your patient doing, Dr. Footwound??
    -John

7. NewsBot

Articles:
    Confirmatory Data from EU Study Supports Apligraf for the Treatment of Neuropathic Diabetic Foot Ulcers
    John S. Steinberg, Michael Edmonds, David P. Hurley, and William N. King
    Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association Volume 100 Number 1 73-77 2010

8. NewsBot

Articles:
    Press Release:
    Apligraf® Approved by Saudi Food and Drug Authority for Treatment of Chronic Wounds
    Diabetic Foot Ulcers a Widespread and Growing Problem in Gulf States

9. melbel

melbel Member

Hi :)
    Can someone tell me if Apligraf is in BNF? I am a first year Pod student and I can't find it in there ... but maybe I'm not looking properly?
    Thank you x

10. NewsBot

Articles:
    Press Release:
    Organogenesis Inc. Announces Major Milestones in Improved Apligraf® Reimbursement and Access to Care for Patients Suffering from Chronic Wounds
    Apligraf Showcased This Week at the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC/WHS 2012)

11. NewsBot

Articles:
  12. NewsBot

Articles:
    Economic outcomes among Medicare patients receiving bioengineered cellular technologies for treatment of diabetic foot ulcers.
    Rice JB, Desai U, Ristovska L, Cummings AK, Birnbaum HG, Skornicki M, Margolis DJ, Parsons NB.
    J Med Econ. 2015 Mar 19:1-18

13. NewsBot

Articles:
    PUBLIC RELEASE: 5-JAN-2017
    Apligraf® demonstrates significant change in chronic wound's genomic profile
    New research evaluating Apligraf's® role in converting chronic wound environment into acute healing profile published in Science Translational Medicine