Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

MBT shoes

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by esky365, Jul 29, 2011.

1. esky365

esky365 Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have been asked by a patient my opinion of these shoes. I have read the reviews and the write ups, but has anyone actually any experience of wearing these?

I did do a search here first, but could find no references.

2. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

:welcome:

Plenty of MBT shoe threads on here. Useful tip is to search in google and have PODIATRY ARENA as the last two search terms

Click on the linky for lots of MBT info

Robin

3. esky365

esky365 Active Member

Thanks.

I have never come accross such a poor forum search, I was amazed when I clicked on your link.

4. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

There is a reason for it which Craig(the Admin) has explained before but it escapes me.

5. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

The search function in vBulletin (linked in the top navigation bar) is rudimentary and is not "Google". In vBulletin, when you search for for 'MBT shoes', it returns evey thread that has the word 'MBT' and the word 'shoes' in them and orders them by date. As you could imagine, most threads probably mention the word 'shoes', so there will be a lot of noise in the vB search results. When you search Google for 'MBT shoes', Google has an algorithm that orders the search results based on relevance and importance (and they have a few 100 PhD's who work on improving the ranking algorithm; vBulletin does not have that kind of technology).

For that reason, we installed the tags system, linked to under Table of Contents in the top navigation bar, so all relevant threads on MBT's; Masai Barefoot Technology and Toning shoes are indexed together.

The is also the Apture toolbar that appears at the top of the page when you scroll down. The search in that toolbar gives a better order to the search results.

The ultimate way is to use the site: operator in Google:
    mbt shoes site:www.podiatry-arena.com

6. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Craig. I started writing the reason you have given above but i was both way of the mark and completely lacking in any IT savvy jargon.

Cheers