Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Novak Djokevic

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by markleigh, Jan 30, 2011.

1. markleigh

markleigh Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Congratulations to Novak Djokevic for winning last nights Australian Tennis Open. In his post match celebrations he threw away his sweat bands, his T-shirt & then his shoes. But before he threw his shoes he removed some sort of orthotic device - it looked liked an off the shelf type of device.

2. Tuckersm

Tuckersm Well-Known Member

Mark,

I saw that as well. Though I think it was a custom EVA device. The kind orthotists manufacture here, given the multi coloured layers on the base, ibut single top colour, it appeared to have been ground down to some level on the bottom. And if OTS, I think he would have tossed them as well :)

3. markleigh

markleigh Active Member

I did think similar that you wouldn't be so "fussy" if it were just an OTC device.

4. mishkabelle

mishkabelle Member

Ewwww, who would want a pair of preloved sweaty tennis shoes?

5. 2whiskers1

2whiskers1 Member

odour eaters perhaps???

6. CraigT

CraigT Well-Known Member

I have seen a another player who told me that his orthoses came from the same guy that made Novak's- they were EVA custom devices. Nothing special and very common in Europe where anything approaching a thermoplastic shell is very rare.

7. Thermoplastic is too hard you know :bang:

8. CraigT

CraigT Well-Known Member

Doh! Of course- it never occurred to me....
    It is a big case of :bang: every time I hear this. It ranks up there with the 'I walked across a mat on the floor and it showed that I have too much pressure in one area of my foot' and 'Where is your podoscope?'

9. Griff

Griff Moderator

Attached Files:

• ND.jpg
      ND.jpg
      File size:
      13.2 KB
      Views:
  10. Ian Drakard

Ian Drakard Active Member

They look quite like some of the sidas style resin ones from that pic

11. Griff

Griff Moderator

Close up...

Attached Files:

12. Looks like a German prefab. Langer sell a similar device under the name EsCombine. I know Salts do something similar.

13. robby

robby Active Member

we make about 25000 of the hard thermoplastic devices a year in the UK to prescriptions from Pod, physio and orthotists.

materials include Polyprop, polyeth, TL2100, TL silver, Superform, Northene, and toprelle.

we make far fewer EVA devices. and most of those are full length TCI devices for D/M and RA pats

14. javier

javier Senior Member

It looks a modified prefab from Schein (Novaped).

If you know where Novak Djokevic lives you will know the prefab origin.

15. Griff

Griff Moderator

Monte Carlo, Monaco

(assuming Wikipedia is factually correct of course..)

16. Am I missing something, or does this not make any sense to anyone else?

17. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think this photo looks very like Novak has just, rather unexpectedely, caught an extrememly heavy shoe?

Attached Files:

• ND.jpg
      ND.jpg
      File size:
      13.2 KB
      Views:
  18. Griff

Griff Moderator

I think it was a response to Craigs earlier post:

19. CraigT

CraigT Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should have said 'continental Europe'