Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Copper insoles

Discussion in 'Podiatry Trivia' started by bigtoe, Jan 10, 2008.

1. bigtoe

bigtoe Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all,

Had a patient in yersterday-

female, diabetic, overweight, 1 year history of plantar fasciitis.

referred to me by new patient clinic, it was eight weeks before i saw her (yesterday)

she attended with "no symptoms 'due' to her new insoles which cost £30"

When i had a look she had a pair of completely 'flat' 3/4 length copper insoles. she also stated her whole network of family and friends are wearing them!!!!!

has anyone seen these before?

cheers

scott

2. Re: copper insoles-

Yep i've had acouple come in with these. http://www.specialfootwear.co.uk/orthopaedic_copper.php

The website is, to its credit, quite honest. It says
    You can't fault that. Its true. I did'nt beleive the pain releiving results.

Well you can't argue with that. He's a Chiropodist. It says so under his photo.

Regards
    Robert

3. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Re: copper insoles-

What I would really like to know is Mr Goldman being paid to advocate the use of this product?

Hmmmm............... :rolleyes:

& yes I did Google him on the register & unfortunately he's there!

4. Re: copper insoles-

LOL, Great minds. I did too!

5. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

6. bunion

bunion Member

Recently applied 2.0 oz grade adhesive copper flashing to my left orthotic. After 2 weeks no appreciable difference between right and left foot. Not convinced enough to use on my patients.

7. DAVOhorn

DAVOhorn Well-Known Member

PLACEBO EFFECT:deadhorse::pigs:

THERE ARE MANY CURES FOR PAIN THAT WORK ON THE PRINCIPLE OF HAVING DONE SOMETHING THEN THERE FOLLOWS A BENEFIT.:craig:

I just get upset when people knowingly use the placebo effect to extract peoples hard earned. But is it ethical if an effect is attained?:bang:

regards David

8. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Dave,

Have you considered anger management classes or even lavender oil for calm?

Deep breaths now...................................ah that's better eh.

:empathy:

9. heleneaustin

heleneaustin Active Member

Yes i had a private patient about 11yrs ago who had bought them. They were flat bog standard insoles but the underside of them had copper discs spread out over the sole and heel area. They're meant to act like magnets to retract the pain from rheumatism and generalised arthritis.The patient said they were working but whether this is a placebo, i don't know as i've not come across them again.
    I suppose they're a little like the copper bracelets people wear.

10. drsarbes

drsarbes Well-Known Member

Copper!!!! Those only for patients that can't afford the Gold................... or even more effective, Platinum insoles.
    When you wear the Platinum ones they not only get rid of ALL your foot pain more quickly, but you can, in a pinch, wear them as ear rings!

Steve

11. Lavender oil?

PLACEBO:mad::mad::mad:

;)
    Robert

12. Adrian Misseri

Adrian Misseri Active Member

I wonder if you can 'buy' the patient's pain away , just like you can with warts??

13. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    Reducing the risk of skin pathologies in diabetics by using copper impregnated socks.
    Borkow G, Zatcoff RC, Gabbay J.
    Med Hypotheses. 2009 Jun 24. [Epub ahead of print]