Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Caption competition...

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Robertisaacs, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Since we had so much fun with Simon's "willy gum", seems only fair to give him the oppertunity to reciprocate.

From a very enjoyable few days in Belfast.

[​IMG]

"I seem to be stuck, could someone call the fire brigade please?"

2. blinda

blinda MVP

Might just be me generally having a crap day with computers, but I see no pic :confused:

3. while not a caption but a digress (rather keen on a digress me )

Behind your left shoulder -

Care to expand on 1st MTPJ ( SALRE - Subtalar Joint Axis Location and Rotational Equilibrium Theory)

4. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

1) & this colleagues used to be my mothers favourite settee. As soon as the course is over I'm reworking it into some rather smashing arrows.

2) How to construct an Ikea flat pack kitchen, step 1.

;)

5. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

ditto

6. How strange. Mike and twirly do! What do they have that you don't.

Here is a fresh upload

[​IMG]

and here is the URL

http://tinypic.com/r/5yrekh/7

7. If you look Carefully the young lady to the right does have an arrow embedded through her skull.

I take heckling very seriously.

Your curiousity is curious.

The rest of that slide is

Its one of three explanations of FnHL from different perspectives.

8. blinda

blinda MVP

Is that a new thread?

Ok, got it now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv5PeJHBpuA

"Who else says Foot-typing is superior to SALRE?"

9. G Flanagan

G Flanagan Active Member

[​IMG]

Okay, so all we do is hold the mother down with our left arm and pull it out with our right.

Yours,

Robert Isaacs
    Extended Scope Podiatrist in Obstetrics

10. So It is not SALRE then because thats the Subtalar joint then its

1st Metatarsal Joint Axis Location and Rotational Equilibrium Theory

Sorry for the digress , maybe for another thread.

11. You are a deeply Retentive man Mike ;)

And to attempt to out pedant you, it is actually STALARE. In which case I am referring to one part of the paper, the RE bit. When crediting sources we often reference the entire paper even though we only use one aspect of it. I think STALARE contains two separate elements, the STAL bit and the RE bit. IMO the RE bit stands on its own merits as an important (to me the most important) concept, independant of STAL. If I was referring to the axial location test I'd refer to that as part of SALRE even though it would not involve RE.

You're as bad as me. Wanna crack these posts off onto another thread?

12. :D

I have fingers in many pies...;)

13. Done

14. [​IMG]

Give 'em enough rope.... and some 4x2.... and a CSE grade one in woodwork... on second thoughts just hire your own hangman, it'll be quicker.

15. The pro-celebrety hang-man competition was really hotting up.

E_ G _ A S E R I S A W A _ K E R

________
    |/ |
    | O
    | /|\
    | /
    |
    |\
    _________

16. quicker perhaps, but the acme portable collapsable gallows set (tm) (pat pending) means you will never again be caught out in a situation where you want to hang someone, but lack the means!

17. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Bad man Dr Spooner. :D

18. [​IMG]

Robert had spotted the male pattern baldness, yet said nothing; safe in the knowledge that he could feel superior to this gentleman for the rest of the day.

19. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Ok so I cheated a little

Attached Files:

20. There's nothing wrong with walking, is there?

21. Gordon's alive?

22. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

Not for the first time, Robert was amazed at how people were fascinated by his wood......and it was always the men who seemed to be most impressed.

Attached Files:

• Rob.jpg
      Rob.jpg
      File size:
      56.2 KB
      Views:
  23. [​IMG]

"erectile dysfunction often means that this four o'clock position is all that is attainable..."

24. ... and I can only manage 50 cms instead of the usual 70.

25. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

4 o'clock is a perfectly adequate position.....I'm told

26. Another wooden presentation.... "taxi for Spooner".

27. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

"That chap in the second row said he wants to be just like Craig Payne, but I think he's taking it a bit far" thought Robert

Attached Files:

• Rob.jpg
      Rob.jpg
      File size:
      56.2 KB
      Views:
  28. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

From the floor...........HoHoHoHoHo

Robert. Come on one of you bastar.s, help me get my hand out, its agony!

29. MJJ

MJJ Active Member

"...and I was in this exact position when I realized that veterinary medicine wasn't for me."

Attached Files:

30. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

" Can anyone remember how many cubits of gopher wood He said I should use??"

CF

31. LMFAO!!

32. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

"And this clearly demonstrates how Dr/Mr/Professor Rothbart's theories really work".

33. And if you follow these ideas I think Ireland can beat England in the world cup Cricket

34. TedJed

TedJed Active Member

5yrekh.jpg

Andrew Strauss said '...hold the bat like this, it'll really confuse the Irish. Heck, it worked on the Aussies!'

35. You're loving this arn't you!!

AnyonE can have an off day.

36. TedJed

TedJed Active Member

The Caption competition or England's humiliation at the hands of the Irish?

Ted

37. Seamus McNally

Seamus McNally Active Member

I would like to thank kevin Kirby for the use of this device ( page 113 vol 2), which he modified from Hicks, to demonstrate the three weight bearing mechanisms of the foot.
    The planter fascia should be here but it was removed by customs in case of foot and mouth

38. The second one. :mad:;)

39. The important part of healing is to say it out loud or in this case write the words.....

England were beaten by Ireland at the world cup 50/50 in 2011.

40. TedJed

TedJed Active Member

Oh dear Mike, you are harsh!:eek: ...but fair!!

Ted :D