Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Video gait analysis, Too ambitious?

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by dmasikat, Dec 4, 2006.

1. dmasikat

dmasikat Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am about to start my dessertation and I am torn between doing a critical review of the use of video in gait analysis and the use of computer software in gait analysis. I am not a very technical person but the two just sound fascinating to me and was thinking it would help me understand these gadgets better, do you think its a good idea for a novice? Will I be able able to get much information to base my review on, or its just wishful thinking for me?????????????? Please help. :confused:

2. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

Unless you have previous experience from which to draw on, I suggest finding a simpler subject for your dissertation.
    Regards,
    david

3. I think the key here is that you said that you are attemnpting a critical review and not attempting to use the systems and evaluate them directly. Hence you will be searching the literature for published studies of reliability etc.

One could begin by establishing the problems inherent in 2D video analysis, capture rates etc.

Perhaps try contacting the manufacturers of each system and ask them to send you their literature. This would enable side by side comparisons of technical specifications.

4. dmasikat

dmasikat Member

Hi
    I received lots of information and to be honest it was all Greek to me. Decided to stick with the more conventional topics. I am now going to do a lit review on the ABPI or 1st MTPJ osteoarthritis. I know I am a chicken but hey what can I do? Thanks guys, will be calling on you for help as I go along.

5. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member