Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Promed Nail drills

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by ie15, Aug 24, 2014.

1. ie15

ie15 Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Looking to buy a new vacuum drill. Interested in the new Promed 4030sx. Is anyone using this drill, any problems or other recommendations.
    Thanks

2. RachWadd

RachWadd Member

Hey ie15,

I've been using a promed 4030SX for 3 years with absolutely no problems.

Nice and compact, easy to clean (which I do regularly). Had serviced once with no issues detected.

I find the RPM setting at above 25,000 but below 30,000 is good for me - a lot of other drills have a max setting of 25,000 which I find is not quite fast enough but the 4030SX is 30,000.

The only issue I have had was one of the dust bags wasn't sealed properly at the base which lead to the dust leaking out into the cavity of the drill - good thing I caught it early enough before it did too much damage! The bags have recently changed however and appear to be better sealed. I still check them before replacing though, just to be sure.

Overall, I would say this is probably the best drill I have used.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Rachael

3. ie15

ie15 Member

Thanks Rachael for your comments. Good to know you've had no major problems and it is reliable. Seems to have great suction and not too noisy according to the literature.
    Thanks again
    Ian

4. FOOT

FOOT Welcome New Poster

Hello,

I had a very recent demo of several drills. I asked all the suppliers to send me their best drills. The one I liked the most which seemed to have the best suction and power was the PEDO SPRINT 100SP. This is available from ALGEOS. I have already the old Suda version of this which is excellent. I have 2 Hadewe drills also they are not as good though

5. ie15

ie15 Member

Hi Foot, did you try a promed 4030 SX and how did it compare?
    Thanks

6. FOOT

FOOT Welcome New Poster

No I didn't. I am sure if you wanted to do that yourself most companies will lend you the drill. The Sprint is 40,000 rpm though. Bags of power and when used with a cutting and polishing burr for soft reline material (Precision Dental) it's the business.

Alan