Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Question regarding residential home visits

Discussion in 'General Issues and Discussion Forum' started by destinedforfeet, Aug 23, 2014.

1. destinedforfeet

destinedforfeet Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all,

I've had a booking for a residential home next week, 6 clients of a total capacity of 7.

Would be very grateful if anyone has any pointers on the setup re notes. Do I keep my own and duplicate into the home's own care plans? Or just my own?

Many thanks in advance,

2. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

Hi,

Rather than checking out opinions on here it would be worth your while contacting your professional body to see what they advise.

Just give them a ring and ask - can't hurt.

Perhaps report back so we know the outcome?

3. Micharm

Micharm Welcome New Poster

Hello,
    I have worked as both support worker and Pod in residential care homes and can tell you it is best to keep detailed notes yourself and make a smaller entry into whatever system the facility requires. The requirement can change from home to home for the one service so no one answer will cover all situations.
    I have also found that some homes tend to misplace the notes which while not ideal is their problem but not acceptable for your professional standing.
    I also try to keep their notes as simple as possible so that it can be understood by all care staff. this simple thing makes communication easier and more efficient.
    Hope this helps
    Michael