Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Ex-Ballet Dancer turned Certified Pedorthist

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fixmyfeet, Jun 17, 2008.

1. fixmyfeet

fixmyfeet Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello to all,

Just want to introduce myself and share a bit of the story of my feet.

I am a former ballet dancer (School of American Ballet in NYC, Pennsylvania Ballet) and my career ended abruptly when I was 19. I found out that the foot pain I'd had for about a year was a fractured sesamoid bone. It couldn't be repaired.

I had the sesamoid bone fragments removed but my foot has never been the same. I cannot run; cannot walk alot, or wear high heels. I have taken up cycling because the rigid road bike shoes do not allow for movement at that joint, and thus does not cause pain.

Years after ending ballet I also developed fairly severe raynaud's syndrome in my toes. When the temperature is under 35 degrees for consecutive days, my toes would turn white..then the tips turned purple, red and blotchy....swollen and incredibly painful. Nobody knows why, but I wonder if it had anything to do with ballet. (I also developed chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and asthma...but those are topics for another blog!)

I now live in Scottsdale, AZ where I work as a Certified Pedorthist at eSoles, LLC.
    I hope others can learn from my story and that I can be of help to people and their feet.!

2. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

:welcome::welcome::welcome::look forward to your input
    cheers

3. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

:welcome::welcome: We have lots of CPeds posting and contributing here.