Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Doctors object to a wider role for surgical care practitioners

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by admin, May 13, 2005.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    From the latest British Medical Journal:

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

3. C Bain

C Bain Active Member

The Privatization of NHS Operations?

Hi All,

I haven't time to write a hopefully useful contribution to this at this time but I have just listen to the Health Minister defending herself on B.B.C. Radio 4 News, etc. regarding what amounts to the privatization of the operations on patients on the NHS.??? Only free NHS at the point of first treatment is being defended as a no no!!!

Denied of course but are we surprised?

With respect of a Junior Doctors Conference findings and Conference outcomes re. jeopardizing Patients' safety above, (Even if it makes me deeply unpopular here with a marked few, I agree with the JUNIOR DOCTORS' TOTALLY!!! Anyone who voted Labour in the last general election are about to get all they deserve and I strongly suspect even more than they deserve with regards to the NHS. and a few other things we did not even think about at the time of that little black 'X'! Free rein the English have given them with a safe majority!!!!

Regards,

Colin.

P.S. We used to have produce the body as are first right as a subject UNDER the CROWN in this country??? But not any more I didn't expect that to be taken literally in some cases though!!!.

Last edited: May 13, 2005
  4. C Bain

C Bain Active Member

Captain of the Ship?

Hi All,

Part of Quote by Mike Hayward, "......... . Ultimately, modern day health care is about teams."

Does this term "TEAMS" mean when defined,

1. The Consultant Surgeon as 'The Captain of the Ship'.

2. Surgeons, doctors, the First and Second Deck Officers of the Bridge.

3. The Nurses and other Health Professionals doing that which they have always done under the above Supervisory Ranks on the Bridge, (But still directly in their presence of course?).

OR:-

1. The team acting as independent health professionals unsupervised by the Bridge Offices' and left to get on with it to SAVE MONEY!!!

2. Committee Meetings and the decisions that come out of them, not directly from THE CAPTAIN?

3. A dispute with the CAPTAIN OF THE SHIP whilst the SHIP heads for the ROCKS looming ahead! The Committee meeting is in progress to decide what NICE or the like have decided somewhere else than where it's all at, (STILL WITH THE CAPTAIN!). The Surgeon is hovering over the PATIENT of course with Scalpel in hand at the time as he awaiting the Team decision?

Regards,

Colin. (A marked change to the present OPERATIONAL NORM I think!).

P.S. All this of course because the Surgeons and Doctors declared a monopoly, Labour does not like monopoly's who stand up to them!

Last edited: May 13, 2005
  5. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member